Trapped

Ava Romano

"Going somewhere, ladies?" It all happened so quickly that I knew nothing to do, Burglios wounded  his rough coarse finger round my neck smashing me against his body.

I felt tears build up in my eyes as the agonising pain of a gun pressed to the side of my head, I couldn't get him off me. I was light weighted with lack of good food and he used that to overpower me. He didn't care about my pain, his sharp nails pressed into my neck was enough to leave a trail of blood.

Lorenzo stumbled into the building, fear swirled through his eyes front the sight, Burglios pulled me closer moving us backwards with the gun still pressed to my head.

"Burglios, let her go. My men have surrounded the building, there's no way of escape" Enzo sneered out, his face was void of emotion but I knew him too well to know he was scared.

"Not gonna happen, my friend" Burglio replied letting out a maniac laughter. I wondered what pleasure he derived in watching people being in pain, his conscience must be long dead.

I looked up at Enzo who gaze was fixated on me, his stance was calculated. We both knew there was no way he could attack without me dying or getting injured, the only way our was through me. I shook my head silently pleading he wouldn't make any wrong move.

"What do you want Burglio?, money, power, protection, name it and I'll give you if you let her go" Enzo spoke trying distract Burglio.

Burgio snorted at the attempt, I could not see his face but assumed he was thinking of the mouth watering offer which was too tempting to resist especially for a greedy man like him.

"What makes you think I don't have all those little boy" He questioned, I closed my eyes as a sweat rolled from my eye brow down my cheek, it made a tap on the floor that was audible.

Please keep the conversation going Enzo, I needed time and strength to do this.

"The last time I checked, your business is going down, no one wants to invest in it. You have lost your power and protection from the governor who was impeached, and money?, your men were promised payment once this is all over because you don't have the money" Enzo said calmly, I opened my eyes slowly taking a deep breath in for my next action which I hoped was going to work as planned.

"I have money than you boy, what makes you think I don't?" Burglio took a step backwards as Enzo took one, the look on my husband's face showed he was getting annoyed by the nickname 'boy' tagged on him.

I closed my eyes silently hoping Enzo kept the conversation going, I needed time and strength to get out of this man's hold.

"The last time I checked, your business is crashing and no one wants to invest in it. You have lost all your power and protection from the governor who was impeached, and money?, Your men were promised to get paid once this is all over because you don't have that" Lorenzo spoke calmly, I opened my eyes before taking deep breaths.

"I have money than you boy, quit talking nonsense" Burglio sneered, refusing to back down from the strange staring contest going on between them.

"If you claim to have money, why can't you treat your wife's ill-"

"Shut up, you have said enough" Burglio snapped, the sound of the gun pressed to my head clicked as a confirmation I hadn't enough time.

I relaxed my body on  Burglios whose grip on me was slightly released. I smirked in satisfaction as my feet rubbed on the floor ready for attack. My head reared back with all the powering had in me causing Burglio to cursed as it cracked his nose.

The hand on my throat was released and without wasting another breath, I knocked the gun off his hand jumping forward as my body crashed to the floor.

And that was definitely  going to leave nothing but a nice bruise.

I flinched as Lorenzo shot him on his right shoulder since he had no way to defend himself. I was pulled off the floor became Angelo's face came into view, panic surged through every nerve in my body as Burglio was a finger close to landing a punch on Enzo's face.

"We have to get out of here" Angelo stated, another door in the room which I had not noticed was pulled out as different armed men came in.

"No, I will leave with Lorenzo, you can take the other" I raised my voice so he could hear a mistake the commotion. Leering get my head over his shoulder, Alice and Zoe were not in sight, they must have left when my attention was on Burglio.

A gasp escaped my lips when a bullet pierced Burglios right thigh, blood seeped profusely from the hole. Enzo's men had entered the building, bullets were flying in all directions possible as the two opposing sides fought for dominance.

"Ava, you need to leave before the place gets bloody, Lorenzo will be fine" Angelo pleaded with me, I was scared that if I left that will be the last time I would see Lorenzo but I had no option.

"Let's g-" I screamed stumbling backwards, my legs tangled against something which made me fall hard on the floor. The next few sections went by in a blur, my brain was trying to process what had just happened.

A bomb from no where went off from the entranced we had planned to escape through, I coughed repeatedly trying to get air into my lungs. The lights were out, the only sound that could be heard were that of groans coming from where I couldn't figure out.

The place was thick with smoke, I reached out to Angelo's side but he wasn't there instead my fingers were damped with thick layers of blood. My heart pounced heavily against my ribcage, he better not die.

"An-" And hand clamped over my mouth, I tried struggling against the person but he was much stronger leaving me helpless. My body was dragged across the room before I was carried up he stairs where we came from, my widened almost went out of its sockets at the sight of the person I never expected to be here.

Mr Romano senior, Enzo's father.

Hi readers,

Sorry for the late update. The chapter was meant to be longer than this but I decided to make it short since the original chapter is longer.

Happy new year to all of you❤❤

Much love

- Akachi.

1127 words.