.ch two

THIS WAS NOT HOW Charlie imagined her Saturday would end up

THIS WAS NOT HOW Charlie imagined her Saturday would end up. She had imagined herself binge-watching New Girl for the hundredth time, eating buttery popcorn with a larger Slurpee. She would be wishing to have a love like Jess and Nick where they would be best friends and lovers, where they would never be unequally in love, equal to each other in every possible way, and where they would always be there for each other.

She did not whatsoever imagine that she would be giving Robby Keene a tour of her house. Here she was, showing him the kitchen and her room, the dining room, and the backyard. It was probably too much for her to handle right now but as always she would ignore it. Most of the time if she ignored her problems, they actually went away.

Maybe her luck was running out because Robby was still here, in her house.

۪۪۫۫

Was she making him uncomfortable with her fast talking and her big hand gestures? He looked like he was regretting coming over, though it was his idea to ask so he can't really fault her.

When she was nervous she usually did that, had always done that ever since she was a child. She wondered if Robby's nervous habits were the same, though she knew that he still did his little shrug and little smile. Maybe he was still the same as she thought she was.

She still liked to paint her nails sparkly red, she still liked eating a boiled egg before her mom made potato salad and she still loved the smell of grass after a rainfall.

Did Robby still fist bump the air when he landed a perfect trick, did he still like reading Lord of The Flies, and did he still smile so brightly that sometimes she had to look away?

Ehh, probably not?

Seeing him again was a lot. Physically she was fine, she was keeping up the conversation, making little jokes here and there but mentally, she was freaking out. How could she not? She has a person, who she has not seen since elementary, inside her house.

Maybe she was a better actor than she had thought because people would usually see through her 'mask' and call her on her bullshit.

They had come to a stop when they entered the last room she was showing Robby, the living room. Standing not even two feet away from each, she leaned away from him. Why did she do that? To get some space in between them obviously. Only that caused him to put his attention on her rather than the room. She had to make it more awkward, didn't she?

۪۪۫۫

She was obviously uncomfortable. Why did Robby have to ask to come over? He could have started with catching up in a neutral place, like that burger joint across the skate park they were at yesterday. Seeing her again just made his brain jumble all over the place and his 'think first, act later' motto went out the window. Usually, that just happens with Sam, which probably meant something but that would be locked in the farthest compartment in his brain.