0.0

∘₊✧─────────────────✧₊∘

【 𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒 】

∘₊✧─────────────────✧₊∘

December 12, 1946

"Your Majesty, we're live."

"...Greetings, my beloved empire. I've always loved everyone wholeheartedly, and I am grateful for everything you have done for me. But... to my desolation, I must leave the throne to my brother. The unacceptance of the love of my life from everyone has made me and my wife upset. I'm sure that you all will be in great hands with my dear brother, Britain. This is your final message from your emperor. Goodbye."

*beep*

"It's done, your Majesty," the broadcaster said.

The emperor nodded and left the room, greeted by his brother.

"So... You really did it," his brother said.

The two looked at each other, an awkward silence between them.

"Look, I'm sorry-"

"Germany, do you realize how this will affect, not only me but my wife and my daughters?" he asked. "Have you got the slightest idea of how this will impact especially my eldest daughter?"

"And do you realize how all of this hate for me and my wife has affected us!?"

"Leaving your duty, your privilege, for a woman. Are you serious?" he asked. "I thought father taught you better. Do you think East would like to see you doing such a decision-"

"Don't bring East to this."

"But he would agree to me that this is fucked up!"

"ENOUGH OF THIS BULLSHIT!" he yelled, as the hallway fell silent. He took a deep breath before speaking. "I'm grown up. I make my own decisions, and I have decided that I will leave the empire to you. You'd make this empire greater than it is."

"Wasn't family your priority?" Britain asked, "I thought we valued something to you..."

"While everyone accepted France, no one in this family, including you, accepted Poland. She's the reason I'm here. She's the one I love."

The emperor's brother sighed. "I guess there's nothing that can stop you now..."

Germany approached his younger brother and held his hands. "Hey, don't discourage yourself. Everyone in this empire loves you, unlike me. And, if you'd like, I could visit you sometimes."

Britain smiled and hugged him tightly. "Promise me you'll visit whenever you can."

"I will."

...

Britain was sitting on the couch with his family. His daughters were busy playing with dolls, while he and his wife, France, talked.

"Did you know, the kingdom of Asia has fallen?" his wife said.

"What?" he asked. "Where did you hear this from?"

"Newspapers. And probably the radio if you turn it on right now."

Britain quickly turned on the radio, looking for the channel, until he came across it.

"The kingdom of Asia has fallen. The King abdicated because of the insurrection..."