1.1

∘₊✧─────────────────✧₊∘

【 𝑃𝑜𝑒𝑡𝑎 𝑆𝑢𝑚 】

∘₊✧─────────────────✧₊∘

[The first poems that are written here are by Empress Sissi of Austria and Queen of Hungary, while the last one by Sappho.]

"It's best if you rest, your Majesty."

"Nonsense, I need to go there, and soon," he said, coughing a bit. "A few spots will do no harm to me."

"Your Majesty, they'll notice your coughing, it's a hospital," the doctor said, writing something. "It's best if you rest for some time, and if it gets worse we'll need to do surgery, so, to avoid that, it's necessary to rest."

Britain grunted, resting on his bed. The doctor left a note on his bedside table and bowed his head, before exiting the room.
On the doorframe, there were his two daughters peeking and whispering to each other.

"I may be old but I'm not stupid," he said, chuckling, "I can still see you."
The two laughed as well as they entered the room, one of them holding a cup of tea.

"We made tea for you," America smiled, placing the cup on the bedside table and taking the note from the doctor.

"It's how you like it! Black tea with milk without sugar!" Canada said, smiling proudly.

"Oh, you know me so well," he smiled, sitting up and taking the cup of tea. "So, what are you two doing here?"

"The doctor was here so we also wanted to check up on you," she responded, "I heard you couldn't go out for a while?"

Britain nodded, "I'll have to stay inside for a very long time..."

"Pa, the doctor said that you have to stay inside for at least two or three months and completely avoid cigarettes," America said, "I told you to stop smoking, it harms your health."

"What could a cigarette do to my poor body?" Britain said, taking a cigarette from the pocket of his pajama, "Care to get me the lighter?"

Canada was about to take it when America stopped her. "Why can't you two take a break from cigarettes? Am I the only one who's aware of how harmful it is?"

"Oh, come on, this tiny little thing?" Canada chuckled, "I think it's relaxing."

America took the cigarette from his father, "Pa, if you want to get better then please avoid cigarettes at all costs. You won't be able to leave the palace if you don't.",

"That's the last thing I want," he said, sipping all of the tea from the cup, "Today I was supposed to go to the opening of the new hospital and also meet Russia, so I guess you're going in my place."

America smiled, her eyes sparkling. "What? Russia? Oh- I-I'll go for you! What do I have to ask?"

Britain chuckled, while Canada frowned. "Really? We were supposed to stroll around town today..."

"We can do that another time, Nada," she said, smiling. "What do I have to do?"
Canada averted her gaze, scoffing.

Britain took a sheet of paper from the bedside table, "These are the questions you'll have to ask and" - he coughed - "the suggestions. You can also ask questions yourself."

She nodded, smiling from ear to ear. Gods, she looked so happy to meet Russia after a couple of weeks. A couple of weeks. Not even months.
Though she was worried about her father, maybe something could get that thought out of her mind. To distract her, that is.