0.1

∘₊✧─────────────────✧₊∘

【 𝐻𝑒𝑟 𝑅𝑜𝑦𝑎𝑙 𝐺𝑢𝑎𝑟𝑑 】

∘₊✧─────────────────✧₊∘

July 4, 1958

"Your Royal Highness, it's time to wake up..."

"Mhm... Just five more minutes..."

"Your Royal Highness..."

America sat up on her bed and massaged her temples, slightly opening her eyes. In front of her, there was a white and red dress waiting for her. "What's that?"

"You dress, your Highness," the maid said, moving the curtains. "It's your birthday dress."

"Birthday...?" she asked, confused...

..."IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TODAY?!" she yelled, falling from her bed. "I-I'LL GET READY! THANK YOU LIRA!"

She quickly changed her clothes, wearing the fluffy gown. She looked at herself in the mirror and smiled. "Lira, it's surreal that I'm finally 21," she said, turning around to see her favorite maid.

"Remember that you also have to visit the kingdom of Asia, and you also have a speech to do before all of that," her maid reminded.

"What?- How do you know that?"

"I knew you wouldn't listen to your father," she chuckled.

"I'm not that forgetful-" she said, but then heard a knock on her door. "Coming!"

She opened the door and saw her sister, Canada. "Happy birthday!" she exclaimed, hugging her sister tightly.

"Ah- Thank you, 'Nada," she said. "It's... Early in the morning, what are you doing awake?"

"I must be the first one to make birthday wishes to my sister!" she said. "Are you ready to go to Asia?"

"We won't go there until lunch, Canada," she said, chuckling. "Why are you so excited?"

"Have you seen the dukes of Asia?" she asked, grabbing her arm and walking for the palace until they arrived at the royal gardens. "Especially the duke of West Asia!! I'd die to meet him!"

"He's not even that attractive, what do you mean?"

"The way he does things!" she said. "Like- the way he looks, talks- I'm going insane!"

"Yes, you are," America said, nonchalantly.

"Enough of that, papa said you were going to have a royal guard since you're the crown princess, am I right?" Canada asked. "I wonder what he'll look like!"

"Or she, you never know," America replied. "I really hope it's a girl, I don't want to be stuck with a guy."

"Oh?-"

"Your Highness," Lira came, "Your father wants you."

"Good luck with papa," Canada chuckled.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll see you later!" she bid farewell and walked inside, toward her father's office or... I don't know honestly, you call it however you want. She gently knocked on the door and didn't come in until she was permitted.

"Yes, father- Oh? Who is she?" the princess asked, entering slowly.

"You remember when I told you I was going to appoint a royal guard for you?" he said. "Well, she's going to be your royal guard. She'll accompany you wherever you go so you don't have to worry that much about your safety."