Chapter 12

“So, you telling me, Christian was the one who heisted your Specialization ceremony to help you for getting the same treatment Sonya got?” Ally asked as she walked up and down the room as Lissa sat on her bed, watching her sister as she digested t...

“So, you telling me, Christian was the one who heisted your Specialization ceremony to help you for getting the same treatment Sonya got?” Ally asked as she walked up and down the room as Lissa sat on her bed, watching her sister as she digested the information.

“And you’re mad at him for doing that? Why?” Ally asked her sister. “I’m actually glad he helped you. I mean the illusion won’t last but if it keeps you safe for now, I’ll applaud his idea.”

“He made me a fraud, Ally!” Lissa stood up from her bed.

“No, he made you a survivor!” Ally pointed out to her sister. “There is something else going on with you. You’re a Moroi and can’t even use one of the four elements. That doesn’t make sense, it never has. There has to be something else. I mean even I can use the elements and I have only been a Moroi for a couple of months.”

Lissa sighed and sat back on her bed. “Just promise me, you won’t do something stupid in the name of helping you sister… please?”

“Of course. I'll keep it to myself.” Ally said as she walked back to her bed and picked up her gym bag. 

“Well, I’m off. My instructors put in a request for extra training days and they didn’t even ask me.” Ally mumbled the last part.

“But I don’t really have a say in it, so I’ll see you later.” Ally said as she walked towards the door, she opened it and took a step through.

“Ally!” Lissa called out to her. “I entirely forgot to tell you. I spoke to some important people and they listened to my request, so Rose gets to stay here at St. Vladimir’s Academy.”

Lissa was tackled with a hug by Ally. “Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!” Ally squealed as she gave Lissa a kiss on the forehead. “I wish I could stay but I’m really going to be late if I don’t go now.” Ally said excitedly, happy about Rose being allowed to stay.

Ally walked out of the dormitory building and on her way to training, she saw the headlines on the news screens around the academy.

St. Jude Massacre Shock

An interview with one of the Royals played on the screen. “This is a terrible tragedy but don't fool yourselves. If this happened at St. Jude, it can happen here or any of the other 12 Provinces. Not of us are safe.”

All the voices and sounds around her faded into white noise. A coldness worked its way through her body and her vision got blurry.

She didn't  know what she was going until she ran back into her empty dorm room, closed the door behind herself and leaned against it until her body slid down against the door and she just sat on the floor. It felt like a familiar nightmare has come back to haunt her again.

 It felt like a familiar nightmare has come back to haunt her again