04

"And what are you doing here, Park Jihoon?" Junkyu asked. I'm currently lying down on Junkyu's bedroom's floor; reading the manga I just bought right before I come to this guy's house while Junkyu sitting on his bed.

"Reading. Can't you see it?" I said without even taking my eyes off from the manga I'm currently reading. It's not like I can't read this at my own place. It's just weird being at my own house during time like this. My family will definitely asked me why I'm not going out considering how often I'm not home on Saturday evening. And I don't feel like to answer any of their questions, so I decided to invite myself to hang out at Junkyu's place.

"I know and I clearly see that you are reading. But why here? Right now? In my room? You just bought that. You can just go straight to your house and read there. Why are you adding mode carbon dioxide in my room? I barely even survive with the amount of carbon dioxide that I produced myself," Junkyu said. I don't know if he purposely said that or he didn't even realize what he's talking about. But this guy is just random.

"Because you didn't even go out to hang out with me no matter how much I asked you to. So I hang out with you at your place," I answered. Definitely not hundred percent true and not hundred percent lie too. I did keep asking Junkyu to hang out but the actual reason for me being here not entirely because of that.

"Why? You don't want to bother Chaewon and Hyunjin to have a date only two of them?" Junkyu asked. Bingo! They actually asked me to hang out with them, just like how we always did every Saturday evening. We'll always hang out, trying new restaurant, go to the mall or even the park to do things the three of us always enjoyed to. We never failed to hang out every Saturday if we didn't have any important things to do. But today, I declined their invitation. And how did Junkyu know about that?

"Wait! You know about that?" I asked. Maybe Chaewon already told him. But not me. Like, I get that they don't want to showing off their newly established relationship to me because they don't want to make me upset because I couldn't date Hyunsuk; according to Bang Chan who heard them before while he's with Hyunsuk. Actually, isn't it's better like that? That I keep pretending not to know about their relationship. But seems like they're going to tell me anyway.

"No. Do you think she'll ever tell me about anything? She won't, okay," Junkyu said. Eh? So, she didn't tell Junkyu? "I kind off knew it myself. Looking at how the two acted around each other for a few days already. It's cringe but yeah. And I'm quite surprised that you actually let them to date each other. Didn't you really like Kim Chaewon?"

"Well... I did. But. They are both my best friends..." I said.

"Huh? If your best friend keep on liking the same girl that you like, you're going to let that girl go just like that?" Junkyu asked.

"No.. It's not like that," I said. Trying to arrange the words that are scrambling in my mind. To make sentences that actually make sense. "Look. Chaewon and I are best friend since kindergarten. We're together for that long. And I, somehow suddenly fall for her. While Hyunjin and I also best friends for almost similar period of time as Chaewon. The three of us are together for a long time. For me, I like Chaewon but I don't really have any courage to actually change the status of our relationship, yet,"

"Wait! You're telling me that you like Chaewon but never want to date her? What do you think my cousin is huh?" Junkyu asked.

"I said, yet. I will eventually asked her out, if she's still single. I just afraid if she didn't like me and will rejected me if I confessed. And we'll be stranger. I just want to be with her for a longer time. Even just as friends," I told him.

"But I'm pretty sure that she won't even reject you even if she didn't really like you. That girl always wanted to date someone. But she just don't trust people other than those who're in her circle. Just look at her just accept Hyunjin as her boyfriend and acting all chummy. Eww," Junkyu said.

"If, I confessed. And we dated. But just to break up one day and turn to be stranger next. I hated that thought," I said. "And when Hyunjin told me that he like Chaewon, he actually noticed that I like Chaewon too after just after Yujin said something about two best friend like the same person. And Hyunjin thought that I have more chance than him, even though he already planned to confess. While me, being a coward. Not even dare to admit my own feeling and picked some random person as my crush. Just to convince him to confess. Well. I want them to be happy. But there's a little piece of me hoping that Chaewon actually rejected Hyunjin. That actually make me felt more guilty toward them,"

"Why are you turning your life into a drama? I didn't subscribe to be your friend just to listen to this kind of drama, okay?" Junkyu said.

"Huh? You didn't even pay any subscription fee and now you're complaining?" This guy. Really. Why am I even friend with him? Am I a YouTube channel or some kind of streaming site?

"You're a public channel that keep on asking me to subscribe to you. Give me some interesting content instead of this pathetic sad boy teenage cliche drama," Junkyu said. Well. I did keep asking him to be my friend. And now I somehow wonder, why the hell I decided to keep asking him to be my friend? "Who the hell that's unlucky enough to be your sudden crush?"

"It's Hyunsuk," I answered.

"Wait.. What? Hyunsuk? Am I deaf or misheard you? Did you really said Hyunsuk? Not Hyuna? Or other Hyun? Hyunsuk?" Junkyu asked. "There's a lot of girls name out there. And you stated Hyunsuk? Did you just have a fight with Volleyball team or something that his name popped out from your mind when you decided your sudden crush?"

"No. Actually, I don't even think. I saw him by chance when we're talking about that. And somehow it felt like it's the more convincing enough for them. They even still hiding their relationship from me just because they don't want to upset me because I won't confess to Hyunsuk because he's a guy," Jihoon said. "And now they should just stop hiding their relationship from me. But I still don't know how and when to tell them,"

"Why? You already 'confessed' to your sudden crush?" Junkyu asked.

"Is that considered as confession? I don't know. But we decided to fake dating each other," I said.

"So, you're telling me that you guys are in a relationship now?" Junkyu asked. Somehow he looked excited.

"Yeah... Fake relationship," I said.

"It still considered as relationship anyway. You'll need to tell me the details after this," Junkyu said while grabbing his phone. He looked like he's looking for someone's phone number.

"And why are you suddenly excited about it? I've told you it's a fake relationship. Just between us. Just to make Chaewon and Hyunjin stop being so secretive around me. So they can act comfortably and not all stiff whenever we're together," I said.

"It's an exclusive content, okay? You can make your channel private. I will even pay for monthly subscription," Junkyu said while holding his phone at his left ear. Waiting for the person he's calling to answers his call. "Ruto-ya. They actually started to date- Yeah. He said it's a fake one but still it's a relationship. So I won. Don't forget to buy my food for whole two weeks,"

"What the hell was that?" I asked him in confusion. Did he just called Haruto? I don't think he know any other Ruto. It have to be Haruto, one of Hyunsuk close friends. And how the hell they're close enough to make a bet like that.. Wait! A bet? "Why are you making a bet with Haruto?!"

"What? Because it's fun," Junkyu said. "He said that you two won't even get along until graduation. While me. I said that you guys will date. Logically, none of us will ever win because there's no way you guys won't even get along at all till graduation. And it's very little possibility that you guys will ever dated. But somehow, your interesting way of thinking make me won the bet,"

"And how are you close to Haruto?" I asked. I still can't believe what I just heard, but whatever.

"We just did? I don't know. How did I get close to Ruto? Are we even that close? Me and Ruto?" Junkyu asked himself.