06

"Oh! Jihoonie? Fancy seeing you here. How's your mom doing? She's still going to that cooking club with her cousin isn't she" Hyunsuk's mom asked as she saw me standing right in front of their gate. I just nodded Hyunsuk's mom is currently gardening? I don't know. She's doing something with the plants in around their house. "What can I help you with? It's really rare seeing you here,"

"Um.. Is Hyunsuk home?" I asked.

"You're going to see Hyunsuk? Come in. Come in," Hyunsuk's mom invited me in. Abandoning the things she did before and wash her hands. She asked me to come in.

"I'll just wait for him here," I said.

"Come in. I just baked some cake. You'll like it since your mom said it's your favourite," Hyunsuk's mom gently pulled my hand. Trying to make me coming inside. And at last, I just followed him. She brought me to the living room. It has been a while since the last time I've been in their house. For past few months I just delivering things from my parents to Hyunsuk's parents through Hyunsuk when we met at school. So did Hyunsuk. There's no reason for any of us to come to each other's house anyway now. Since we're grown up enough that our parents can just left us home alone if they're going to hang out together. Unlike when we're still child.

Hyunsuk's mom prepared me a slice of the cake she told me about and a cup of tea. Yes. I quite like this cake. She always will give some of this to my mom whenever she baked this.

"Eat up. I just planned to asked your mom to come over to bring back home the cake for you," Hyunsuk's mom said.

"Thank you," I said.

"Oh! Hyunsuk is still at the school. He got a volleyball practice since he'll has a match tomorrow," Hyunsuk mom said. "Did you guys have an appointment? You're going to hang out?"

"Kind off," I said. Suddenly Hyunsuk's mom's phone rang.

"I need to get this. Enjoy the cake," his mom said before leaving me there. I started to eat the cake while taking out my phone. I texted him that I'm going to his house half an hour before I left my house. I forgot to set back my phone to normal setting after setting it to silent mode yesterday while studying. I didn't check my phone before coming here and just a few minutes ago Hyunsuk has been texting me not to come and just wait for him at the bus stop in 30 minutes. He also has been calling my phone a few times.

"Do you like the cake?" Hyunsuk's mom asked.

"Yes. It's good as always," I said.

"Hyunsuk called me. He said that he'll be here in a few minutes. He told me that he went back early because I told him that you're here," Hyunsuk's mom said. "He used to just let Haruto or Yoshi wait whenever they come to hang out with him when he had any practice. And those two always being here even when he's not home,"

"Is it okay for him? He has a match tomorrow," I said. The Hyunsuk I know will be the last person to go back after any practice. Did he hated the fact that I'm here at his how now so bad? Maybe.

"He must've be really happy that he's going to hang out with you. I remember how he always whining that you don't want to be his friend when you guys are still babies," Hyunsuk's mom said. Babies? Wait!

"Babies? He asked to be my friend when we're babies?" I asked. Hyunsuk's mom chuckled.

"Yeah. You guys are like 2 years old? When Hyunsuk tried to share his toys with you. But that time you're more attracted toward things that's red. The color red. While Hyunsuk's toys are mostly purple. Growing up, he started to get some red things. Hoping that you'll play with him. But you're started to get interested in skateboard so you won't stay indoor for a long time. He wanted to be your friend but I don't know how he even asked you to but I know myself that he didn't really say the obvious like 'let's be friend' or things like that. And when you're starting kindergarten, he come back home on the first day at school whining that you only like to be friend with girl," Hyunsuk's mom said.