Chapter 9

Irene's POV

It's already the 20th lending company we've been through yet they don't want us to borrow the amount we needed. It's like they're playing on us. What will we do? It's already 11 AM and no sign of improvement.

Seulgi might have notice the distress look on my face when she suddenly pull me for a hug.

"Let's try another one, don't lose faith baby. But before anything else, let's grab lunch first because our little Lisa is hungry. She's now irritated hahahaha"

I look over at Lisa which is busy watching people passing by with a frown on her face. Her legs is bouncing as she sat on the wooden bench not far from where me and Seulgi is standing.

"Yeah right. She must be very hungry, where shall we eat?"

"Hmmmm Mcdo?"

Oh Lisa's favorite.

"Okay let's go baby. Lisa!" I called her attention.

Her face lit up as she approach us "Yes unnie?"

"You hungry baby?"

She cutely nod "I'm super hungry unnie hmmmppp"

"Hmmmm our baby is hungry, let's go to Mcdo" Seulgi pinch Lisa's cheeks.

"Yeeeyyy! I want fries! Mcfloats!" she did her cute little dance.

We all went to McDonald's and ordered, Seulgi and Lisa is busy talking to each other when I notice a guy. He's been following us and I feel suspicious, is he eyeing on us? He looks like a bad person.

Since I couldn't contain my curiosity to myself, my feet lead me to him and he's a bit startled but remained his strict demeanor.

"Hi"

He look at me uninterested.

"I know it's weird that a stranger like me approach you but I wanted to ask....why are you following us?"

"Miss, is it bad that we are both going to the same place at the same time? Can't it be coincidence?"

"You're suspicious. I saw you watching us from afar. By any chance, did Jennie Kim send you here to watch our every move? Huh?"

He scoff "Miss, I don't know if you lost your mind because I don't have any idea of what you're saying. I don't even know Jennie? Jennie Kim? Who's that? And why would I waste my time following you? Tsk crazy"

Maybe I'm a bit tired and think of unnecessary things to people. He look suspicious but I guess he's harmless.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. Maybe I was paranoid. Again, I'm sorry. Have a great day"

I went back to our table.

"Who was that baby?"

"Uhm nobody. I thought he's been following us but I was wrong"

Seulgi look over at the guy "He don't look like a bad man. Baby your being anxious, please relax. We will find a way to earn that money"

"Unnie"

Lisa had a sad face.

"Oh why Lisa? Is there something wrong?" I reach out for her hand.

"I'm sorry"

"What are you even sorry for? It's okay Lisa. Don't worry about it, me and Seulgi will take care of everything"

She smiled.

After a few minutes our order arrived and Lisa can't contain her happiness.

"Wowww! Unnie look! My favorites!" she neatly placed the food on the table.

Lisa have this behaviour of setting plates and utensils in right order, if you don't let her do it she throws tantrums.

Like a kid, she would dance on her seat everytime she brings fries in her mouth and enjoy chewing it. I would often wipe the side of her lips because she's a bit messy on eating though she knows table manners.

"Unnie, say ah!" she feed Seulgi who is amused by her.

"Hmmmm our Lisa is now all grown up! Look baby, she's feeding me"

"Ya unnie! I'm big now! I can take care of you too" she whined.

"Hahahaha I'm kidding Lisa. Here eat more. You want some spaghetti?"

"Yes unnie!"

She open her mouth waiting for Seulgi to feed her which she did.

After eating, we started to walk around again to find a lending company that would help us with our problem. Everytime they tell us "Sorry ma'am but your resources are not enough for requiring a huge amount of money" or "Sorry ma'am but we can't let you borrow" I feel unmotivated. It's like heaven closed it's door this time and isn't willing to help us.

Time is running fast that we didn't notice it's already 4 PM, that's the moment my heart thump loudly inside my chest. Lisa is now tired of walking but she still gave me her brightest smile- I can't give up on her, no. I can't let her live with Jennie who's a monster.

An hour before we meet the devil but there's still a chance or a miracle maybe. All the bad emotions are coming right through me and it made me feel worst. I look over at Lisa who's now sleeping on Seulgi's lap, she looks unbothered. I hide the pain through my smile and it made me a horrible person- I should not give up but I think there's a greater reason behind all of this. Please lord, not Lisa. Not our Lisa.