Chapter 2: Meeting With Rose

The three Musketeers arrived at the Four Seasons Hotel for the wedding. The hotel towered over the surrounding buildings as expected for a prestigious 5-star hotel. It was the best and most expensive hotel in the city of Los Angeles. The three young men smiled and nodded in approval at the choice of their friend’s wedding venue.

Denim parked at the entrance of the hotel and got out, Jack and Asher following suit. He passed the keys to the valet, patted his shoulder, and looked at his friends.

Asher smiled at him and Jack looked away; still sulking about their previous fight. Denim shrugged, adjusted his suits, and walked into the hotel, then the other two in tow.

As they walked into the hotel, a man who looked to be in his 40s was standing by the entrance door, waiting to receive them and direct them to the hall as he had done to the previous wedding guest. He was in a black suit and he tucked neatly his white shirt into his suit pants. He sleeked his gelled hair to the back and his Grey eyes sparkled in the light.

The man smiled at the 3 guys. The small wrinkle that appeared in the corner of his eyes and mouth was a clear telling that he smiled a lot.

He greeted them warmly and directed them to the hall where the event took place.

Denim, Asher, and Jack wowed at the decoration in the hall. The decorations were all in tawny wine and pine green, and they blended well with the wedding theme.

Everything looked expensive and elegant. Whoever was the wedding planner their friend hired did a great job. They gazed around for any familiar face and were surprised to find most of their high schoolmates.

“I guess this isn’t just a wedding after all,” Jack smirked.

“Yeah. It’s a fucking reunion.” Asher replied with a glint in his eyes, while Denim rolled his eyes and shook his head. Though the corner of his lips lifted a bit he quickly suppressed it.

“Well gentleman, let’s get this party started!” Denim said and walked deeper into the hall with the other two in tow.

“Congratulations on your wedding!” Denim said when they got to the couple, and Felicia grinned at them. Happiness swirling in the depths of her blue eyes.

“Thank you so much. And thanks for coming. I didn’t know you’ll be able to make it.” She whispered.

“I believe you still remember my husband, Charles?” She glanced at Charles and he smiled and looked down at her, before glancing at his former bullies. His smile dimmed a bit, but he kept it on his face for the sake of his wife. The three musketeers smiled and nodded.

“Of course, who will ever forget Charles the nerd?” Jack said, laughing. Asher elbowed him at the side, his smile still directed at the couple.

“What he meant was, yes, we still remember him. And I just want to say we are sorry for all the pain we cause you back then. We were enormous assholes to you during high school.” Asher grimaced, remembering all the nasty stuff they made him do.

“You think?” Charles said, glaring at them. Felicia pinched him slightly at the back. He looked at her with an annoyed expression and sighed.

“It’s all in the past, anyway. I wouldn’t say it’s good to see you guys after so many years...” Felicia pinched him again, which he ignored.

“Yeah, it’s been. How many now? 8? 9?” Jack asked, chuckling.

“10 years.” A voice said from behind and they all turned to see the owner of the Angelic voice.

The lady walked up to them with a smile on her face. Her lavender bride's maid’s dress was very elegant. Not too tight that it was hugging her figure, but it wasn’t too big either that you couldn’t make out the sweet feminine curves. It was a strapless dress. The v-neckline wasn’t too low. Just perfect for her form. She put her hair up in a sleek, elegant bun. Her makeup was just perfect and the lavender dress made her metal gun blue eye pop and sparkle in the light. She looked like an Angel amid a man as it dropped directly her from heaven. She was a fresh breath of air.

Denim, Jack, and Asher all had their jaws on the floor, staring and wondering who the dazzling beauty in front of them was.

“Who are you? I don’t think we went to the same high school” Jack, who was the first to recover, asked.

The lady scuffed and shook her head.

“Really? You don’t recognize me? I’m sure I have changed a little.” She beamed, rolling her eyes.

Felicia chuckled and leaned into Charles.

“Oh Mary, put these guys out of their misery already.”

The three guys looked from Felicia to Mary and back. Their jaws dropped for the second time that night.

“Mary? As in Rosemary, ‘give your life to Christ’ Rosemary?” Denim asked, shocked.

“In the flesh!” Mary smiled, taking pleasure in enjoying the shock on the guys’ faces.

Back in high school, she was the school preacher. Telling them to give their life to Christ as she came from an orthodox Christian home. She was a firm believer in Jesus and she would try to preach to her classmates, telling them to seek forgiveness from the Lord for their sins.

When her mates were busy going out with boys, going to parties, and smoking, Mary was busy with studies and Church. She preached whatever she heard in the church to her classmates, no matter how much they called her weird or freak. She never let their harsh words get to her and continued her preaching, hoping that one day, they would give their lives to Christ.

Everyone knew her as the church girl. Rosemary, as always, still looked elegant in her charismatic, complex smile.

“Wow! Time has done you good. I mean, look at you, you’re smoking hot!” Jack said, checking her out, only to be smacked in the head by Asher. Jack turned to Asher and glared at him, and the other only rolled his eyes at him.

“It’s nice to see you again, Mary,” Asher stressed, smiling at her. “Do you still preach?” He asked. And Mary nodded.

“Yeah. I still do. But not as much as before, 'cause I’ve been so busy with work.” She answered softly. Her voice sent shivers down their spine.

“Oh? What do you do?” Denim, who had been quiet, suddenly asked. And Mary turned to look at him, smiling.

“I work at Chase Bank here in Los Angeles as a banker. I heard you guys have companies of your own now, right?” She asked, directing the question to all three of them.

“Yes, we do. Jack is a stockbroker, an exporter, and an economist. Asher works with the government as a contractor while I am a business manager. I own my company.” Denim answered for them.

“Well, that’s nice, I can give you my card if you ever need the help of a banker, you know you’re to call.” Rosemary mumbled as she dug into her purse and fished out a black business card with her name, ‘Rosemary Anton’, boldly printed on it.

She handed the three of them one single card and left. Saying she has to attend to some stuff. The three guys looked at her as she walked away from them, with only one thing in mind.

How to make her theirs.