Reset

No time to explain

No POV

"What kind of plane is that?" Asked Baltimore. The others looked at it, happy that someone else said it.

"I don't know," started KGV before facing the sirens once more, "But what I do know is that it's helping, and I'm not letting this chance be put to waste."

All the others nodded in agreement before fighting once more, this time with air support.

The plane itself was handling quite nicely, easily avoiding the siren jets and shooting them down. Almost like an expert was flying it or something.

<Bring it, ya stupid toasters!>

The pilot said, easily being heard over the radio. He himself was having the time of his life up in the air. Every challenger was shot down like the insignificant drone they were. He truly was the king of the sky, here to reclaim his vacant throne of oh so long ago.

"Damn," he muttered, seeing the size of the siren fleet. They easily outnumbered them 5-1, but they would fight. Fight till they lose their arms, their legs, their sight, their lives. The burning desire to crush all who stood to challenge him returned full force as he dived towards the enemy fleet and started firing. His bullets tore through destroyers and planes, scratched cruisers, but didn't affect the battleships.

No those would be left to the kansens as he took his rage out on the sirens in the sky.

The sirens, despite being the epitome of robots, fought like their 'lives' depended on it. The kansens gave no mercy as they destroyed each one with a combination of torpedos and shells.

With each siren destroyed another took its place, and it was only an amount of time before the kansens would run dry and grow tired.

The lone plane would run dry too, but wouldn't grow tired until he got his revenge. Revenge on those who used him, who tortured him, who made him forget. But until then he would do as much as he could.

The battle was fierce with the sirens loosing ships by the hour and the Azur Lane force slowly retreated. One at a time they went until it was only the plane, the lone ruler of the sky facing the enemy alone once more. He knew this day would come, as it has before and will after.

He slowly started to exit his jet as it flew and summoned an old weapon of his. A bow. As he fell he took a single shot, and as it flew he thought back to the day it all changed. The day he got captured and used. The day he lost.

As he hit the water the remaining sirens took aim and fired. The lone king dodged what he could and rushed them.

With each step he took, a shell hit his body. With every hit he took, three more he delivered. With every ship sunk, a part of him destroyed. He seemed in some sort of trance as he fought. As he fired he remembered the days before it all happened. Before fire consumed his life, before he stood for a dying world.

The sirens fired everything at him, but it was not enough. Even though it was one man, it was the determination of an entire race fighting back.

The sirens would stop firing as the king stood, bleeding from most of his body. He seemed lost, as if he wasn't there at all. A lone high ranking siren approached him. She was the reason he had to suffer. As she approached the king would notice her and remember. Be filled with rage before calming down. Before summoning the last of his flames for one last retribution.

"My my," she started, "it seems that whenever we encounter you seemed to be almost dead. That is quite a shame really, I always wanted a good fight."

"Siren," the lone king looked towards her with clear rage in his eyes, "Your kind know nothing but coding; purged all life without remorse and yet they still sail with no thought of consequence... as do you."

He slowly started to move forward, "You've taken everything from me, siren. And now all that remains is PERFECT HATRED."

The upper class siren prepared her rigging as the flames around him grew bigger, "Siren.. I will cut you down, break you apart, splay the gore of your profane form across the SEAS! I will burn you down till your very CODING CRIES FOR MERCY! My hands will RELISH ENDING YOU.. HERE! AND! NOW!" He declared as his flames birthed a new being, a being meant for one. Singular. Purpose. The destruction of everything in front of him.

The siren ships fired alongside the upper class siren as the lone king charged foreword, his flames burning everything near him.

The siren tried to run but was hit with a bomb as a lone jet flew in the sky, outnumbered by all the sirens and yet it fights.

The king got within distance to grab her, and as he did his flames burned her flesh. He would beat her until she couldn't move, then he would focus his flames into a hammer as he beat her beaten form into pieces. His hammer would further burn her body into ash before he threw it at an approaching siren, setting her aflame. So lost was he in his anger that he ignored his wounds and continued to fight until the last siren was nothing but wreckage.

The jet still flew, but it was badly damaged. Smoke came from it as it finally gave in and exploded. The king would stand amongst the wreckage before he himself fell to his knees and looked towards the rising sun. He smiled before everything started to turn black.

And with his remaining consciousness proclaimed, "I'm both hero and conquerer. I'm everything, yet nothing. And as I return to the depths I wonder. Did you feel this old friend? Did you feel the weight of all your burdens leave? I hope so, it truly is a fitting end for us both."

And as he collapsed the sun finally started coming fully over the horizon. He fallen form smiled in death as the sun covered his body in light, the very flame he wielded was dead and cold for he no longer walked the earth, sailed the seas, or flew in the skies.

____________________________

To all who awaited this chapter, I'm sorry to say that this book is now finished. I never really wanted this book to end like this, but my low amount of motivation really only allowed me to barely write.

So I'm sorry for this kind of ending, but admittedly it was fitting for York. He died his first death alone, saving others only to die again alone, this time covering the escape (albeit unknowingly) of others. Even if he forgot who he was he was still the same person who tried to help as much as he could.

Enjoy the rest of your day/night

Bama out