Oil and water

November 6th 2022

♡♡♡

"To me, love has always always been like oil and water . . .

They don't mix no matter how hard I try . . .

My Life is like the water, many things can be lost in it, a dark past and if I'm not careful with the people I let in, the water may become like the paint from my paintbrush before I dip it into my jar

That dirty colour of the brown like grey devouring the clear blue . . .

However the oil is like the people I let in to my life, but when I add them, they don't mix . . .

Sometimes they form clumps at the top . . .
Sometimes they drop to the bottom . . .
Sometimes they're just small bubbles that stay at the side, looking for an escape . . .

For me, love has always been like oil and water . . .

Until I met you . . .

But you still don't mix . . .

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the problem . . .

Thinking, maybe I should be more like oil but do I really need to be the one to change? . . .

I wanted to let the oil try and mix but its always the same outcome . . .

They never mix . . .

But . . . How did you manage to get past? . . .

How did you manage to get into my life when no one else could? . . .

Oil and water are still a mystery to me today . . . You're still like oil and I'm still like water . . .

We don't mix but you made it work when I thought that it never could . . .

Oil and water . . .

Maybe you're not like oil after all . . ."

♡♡♡

- dedicated to someone special