Chapter 19

The weeks passed and the end of the year was coming closer, Gary was out promoting their new album "The Circus", meanwhile he spent a lot of time training, that lunatic had decided to climb Mount Kilimanjaro at the end of February, well he was doing it for the Red Nose Day, so at least he did it for a good cause.

Anyway, he needed to be fit for that so like I said, when he wasn’t doing promotion he was in the gym most of the time, home time was rare, but whenever he was at home he either spent it with James, or when James was sleeping we well, let’s say our bed was our favourite place, cause me being me, I didn’t mind having a hot as fuck husband, his training definitely did pay off, if you know what I mean.

By now it was mid December, the new album and the first single "Greatest Day" had both already been released and they were a great success, you could say Gary and the others were more popular than ever before.

Christmas was on the way and we were really looking forward to spending our first Christmas as a three, James was now 7 months old, he was able to sit alone and he was also crawling around a lot, and if I say a lot, I mean a HELL of a lot, you always had to keep an eye on him, honestly. I had bought all my presents already and could really enjoy the last two weeks up until Christmas, well I tried to, I wasn’t feeling too well.

"Ahhhhh...let them holidays begin, eh?" Gary said when he came home, kissing me on the cheek.

I smiled "What do you mean?"

He chuckled and lifted James up, who had been playing with a car toy on the floor "I meant, ‘I am finished with work until January.’ But I have told you that this morning, haven’t I?"

I blushed "Oh, yes you did, sorry, I forgot. Anyway, does that mean you have loads of time to decorate the house with me?"

"Yep. But Clara, seriously, are you alright?"

I frowned "Yes, why?"

He looked at me, serious "You have been a bit forgetful the past few weeks and you told me you haven’t been feeling well. I’m just concerned. Maybe you should go and see a doctor?"

I shook my head "No Gary. I’m fine. I have been to the doctor, but he said everything is fine. Please, believe me. Maybe I have just been a bit stressed and stuff."

He shrugged "Well if you say so. But if it gets worse you'll go to the doctor again."

I smiled and kissed Gary. I turned back around and continued cooking, while Gary took James and went into the living room to probably play with James without being in my way.

The next day Gary was up early, well I was to, he had woken me up, he wanted to go and buy a tree. So, after breakfast we wrapped us up, it was cold outside, and got into the car to go and look for a tree.

After a few hours Gary finally found the perfect one, which he immediately put up when we got back home. It was just as big as the years before, and it was a perfect fit for our living room.

I put James into his playpen, so I could help Gary without having to run after James all the time.

While Gary was putting the tree up I went to get the boxes with our decorations from the cellar.

"So what do you want to decorate first? The tree or the rest?" I asked when I came back.

Gary smiled at me "I don’t know, what do you think?"

"Maybe we should do the tree last, you know, save the best for last."

"Okay then, come on."

We hung up some light chains, put some decorations on the shelves, I hung up our Christmas socks in front of the fireplace and Gary put up a mistletoe, the old romantic sod. After that we decorated our Christmas tree together and we were really pleased with ourselves when we saw the final result.