Chapter 27

"...Stay close to me..."

I smiled and opened my eyes, got up and walked over into James’ bedroom, where I could hear Gary singing.

"Are you using our son now to practise your singing skills?"

Gary turned around, blushing "Only trying to get him back to sleep for a bit. But I doubt he will go back, he is wide awake."

I glanced at the clock that was hanging at the wall and shrugged "Well, it is 9 am. Morning by the way."

Gary walked over and kissed me "Morning. How are you feeling?"

I smiled "Better. No morning sickness anymore, which is good."

He nodded "Good, still can’t believe we’re having another one. I mean, we did see it yesterday, but it just seems so surreal."

"It does. And you were so cute yesterday when you first saw the baby, honestly just looking at you looking at the baby made my heart melt. But Gary?"

He raised an eyebrow, making me giggle, his eyebrows were just class, he was known for them. "Hm?"

"Can we wait with a third one a bit longer? Not sure how I could handle three babies in three years!"

He looked at me, stunned "You...you want more?"

I shrugged "Well, I don’t know, what I meant was that IF we wanted more kids, can we wait a while?"

He nodded "Yeah, that is a very good idea. And we might need to watch our contraception better!"

I giggled "We definitely do."

He slapped my bum in a playful way and kissed my cheek "Now, get dressed, we’re going shopping."

I was stunned at the sudden change of topic "Wait what?"

"You heard me. We have the brits in a few days and you need a dress. That is if you don’t throw a tantrum again like last year."

I burried my face in hands "Don’t remind me! I still don’t know what was going on in my head that made me acted like that."

"Hormons. Pregnancy. I don't know. And now go on, I’ll get this one changed."

I nodded and went to get dressed.
I opened the wardrobe to grab a pair of jeans and a jumper, when I suddenly saw the ballgown Gary had bought me in Italy last summer.

I still hadn’t had a chance to wear it, there had been no occasion to wear it and we forgot about it when I needed a dress for New Years. And now, well now I already had a slight bump and I was pretty sure it wasn’t fitting.

I sighed and brushed my hand over it, wishing I was able to wear it, it would have been literally perfect. I closed the wardrobe and got dressed.

Suddenly Gary came in "Hey, what’s wrong?"

I shrugged "Nothing."

He tilted my chin up "Stop giving me this shit, you look sad. Now what’s going on?"

I sighed and crossed my arms in front of my chest "Well, I just found the dress you bought me in Italy and I really want to wear that one, but I’m sure it won’t fit me."

Gary smiled "Have you tried it on?"

"No but when we bought it it fitted perfectly and now I am pregnant, Gary even my bump is starting to show, it can’t fit."

"Try it on."

I sighed and gave in, taking it out of the wardrobe. I stepped out of my clothes and into the dress.