Chapter 29

I woke up early, way too early considering the fact that Gary and I spent last night doing well...I think you get the picture, I mean he was leaving for Africa tomorrow.

I groaned as I sensed movements beside me. I opened my eyes to see Gary sitting up and putting the alarm off.

"Do you really have to get up this early?" I moaned into my cushion.

He sighed and turned to me, stroking his hand tenderly over the back of my head "You know I do. Morning honey. Sorry for waking you up so early."

I sighed and turned around "It's okay. When is the meeting again?"

"8am in the city, so I need to get up now."

"Can't you stay in bed with me?"

He smirked "You know how much I'd love to stay here but I can't."

I pouted "Not even five more minutes?"

He looked at the time and sighed "Only because I am fucking besotted by you."

I giggled and cuddled against my husbands well-toned chest for another few minutes.
-----

I stayed in bed and watched Gary as he got up. I wolf-whistled as I roamed my eyes over his naked body while he was walking towards the bathroom.

He turned around, blushing "Shut up."

I grinned "Just admiring your body. I have one fit husband."

He grinned "And I have one sexy wife in my bed, who I might be able to interest to join me in the shower?"

I grinned and got up but just as I reached out to grab Gary's extended hand the baby monitor crackled into life.

I sighed "Well, I guess that sexy wife of yours is needed as a mum to your son."

He laughed out loud and pecked me on the lips "Oh Clara, I love you."

I giggled "I love you too."
-----

The day went by pretty quickly, Gary had left the house straight after breakfast for his meeting and I cleaned the kitchen up, got James and myself ready and left the house myself for my appointment at my doctors, I was having another check up.

First though, I went round to Mark and Kennedys place as they had offered to look after James for a few hours so I could go to my appointment in peace. Not that it would have bothered me much to take James along, but they had offered and it was a bit more stress-free to go to a doctor's appointment without a nine month old child.

I pressed the doorbell and pulled my coat further around myself as the air was really cold that day. James was still in his carseat, looking around exploring his surroundings.

After a quick chat and confirming that Gary was picking James up later I left and drove to my doctors.
-----

"GARY?!" I called when I got back home two hours later.

"UPSTAIRS! BEDROOM!" came the answer.

I took my coat off, grabed the pack of tablets from my bag and walked up the stairs. I had quickly dropped by the pharmacy on my way home, Gary had called me last minute and asked if I could grab some more Malaria tablets from the pharmacy as he had forgotten to get them. Idiot.

I stepped into our bedroom where James was laying on his playpen on the floor while Gary was standing in front of our bed, his suitcases and a big backpack laying in front of him, clothes all over the bed.

He sighed "Hey."

I sighed back and kissed him "Hey. Here are your tablets."

"Thanks."