Chapter 11: Escape Plan

Jett was a horrible liar. Jolon had to admit that he'd gotten better over the years, but he could still see right through him.

So his little cousin was joining the Jedi. How predictable. Unfortunate, but at least Jolon would have more money for himself.

He'd have no problem disposing of his cousin. At least, that's what he liked to believe. But since he'd grown up with Jett, he worried his personal feelings would interfere with his mission.

Jolon laughed to himself. He would make sure that wouldn't happen.

"I still can't believe we made it," Cody sighed as the small ship landed on the side of the Separatist frigate, unseen.

Syne and the others murmured in agreement. Obi-Wan cracked a smile, patting Cody's shoulder. "Anakin hasn't rubbed off on me that much, has he?"

"I'm not sure, General," the commander replied hesitantly.

Obi-Wan kept the smile on his face, but he was worried about Anakin and Ahsoka. He wouldn't be quick to admit it. If he did, he'd worry his men and be forced to face it himself.

"Let's do this," Edge said excitedly, adjusting his blaster.

"We shouldn't be hasty, but yes, I agree. Time is of the essence now."

Ahsoka woke from her half-asleep state as the cell door whooshed open, immediately alert. She shook Rex awake as she saw Jett, looking very awkward.

"What do you want, Jett?" Ahsoka asked, rubbing her eyes.

Jett hesitated, avoiding eye contact. "You were right," he whispered.

She raised her eyebrows, surprised. "Excuse me?"

"You were right," he repeated, more loudly this time. "My parents wouldn't have wanted this, and I don't either."

Ahsoka sighed, looking at Rex before she spoke. "I'm glad you've seen the light, but it's a little late now."

"I know, but I'm going to get you out of here."

"How?" Ahsoka asked, climbing to her feet. "We're surrounded by pirates and droids in the middle of space. Even if they weren't here, Rex is still injured and your cousin is surely lurking in the shadows somewhere."

Jett grimaced. "It has to be better than just sitting here. Jolon's planning on giving you three to Dooku for a large amount of money. This ship will arrive at the rendezvous point in a few hours. You need to get out of here while you still can." He looked down at Rex, thinking. "I can help carry your friend."

Ahsoka sighed. "Would you be okay with that, Rex? I don't want you to get injured anymore."

"I'll be fine, kid," Rex replied.

"Okay then." Ahsoka turned back to Jett. "Where's Anakin?"

"He's in his own cell, down the hall. We should run into where your weapons are on the way out as well."

"How will we make it there without being spotted by anyone?" Rex asked. "I won't be able to help much since I can't see."

"Jett, can you manage to bring our weapons to this cell? We'll stand a better chance with them."

"I'll do my best."

"Jett." Ahsoka stopped him before he could leave, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Thank you."