09

12/30/96 (Any day now)...

Natasha had entered her final trimester and was due any day now, making everyone on higher alert than usual.

It was a late evening and Natasha and Steve were sitting on the couch surrounded by Clint, Barry, Caitlin, and the twins.

"So what are you guys naming our newest addition to the compound," Clint asked looking up from his tablet.

Natasha turned and looked to Steve then back to Clint, "We'll I guess we haven't thought it fully through yet, but we have some ideas", she replied, "if it's a girl: Sarah, Mckayla, or Hannah and if it's a boy, James, or Jackson".

Everyone went back to whatever they were doing but within a couple of hours Natasha started feeling some discomfort, and Caitlin was the first to notice.

"Nat, are you ok?" Caitlin looked up from the twins.

"Yeah I just feel weird, kind of like a cramping feeling," she replied.

Natasha continued to feel this pain, on and off about every 12 minutes or so. Nobody thought anything of it until they started happening closer together.

"Steve," Natasha said with a harsh pause, "I think my water just broke".

Steve got up and started pacing back and forth across the room and after a minute or two, Natasha got up and slapped him across his face, "snap out of it," she told him.

"Caitlin would you drive me to the hospital, no way I'm being driven in a car by that," Natasha said while pointing to Steve.

Caitlin grabbed Kara and Felicity and they headed out the door to the hospital with Natasha, "Get a towel for the floor and grab Tasha's hospital bag," Caitlin told Steve while all the men ran around the compound in an idiotic panic.

Steve collected Natasha's hospital bag and they got to the door to leave, but before they left Steve stopped in the doorway and turned around, "Hold on-" he said, "I feel like we're forgetting something".

Wanda stood in the living room holding the twins' hands, "You guys go ahead, we'll be here when you guys get back with our newest Avenger".

"Wanda you're a lifesaver," Steve said before rushing out the doorway, almost hitting the doorframe rather than walking through it.

Tony sat in his car outside the garage waiting for everyone else to get outside, he rolled down his window and shouted out, "By the time you guys get there this kid is gonna be 18," he joked.

They all ran to get in Tony's car and rode off to the hospital.

~

The hospital (7:39 pm)

"I'm looking for a Natalie Rushman," Steve walked in and told the front desk.

The lady working at the desk flipped through 2 different binders till she found "Natalie's" (Natasha's) file, "Oh yes, Ms.Rushman, she's in room 213, so go up the stairs and the room is on your first left".

Thank you, Steve said while the rest of the group started heading upstairs.

"Only the baby's father is allowed in the room with Ms.Rushman at the moment, you can all wait out here or have a seat in the lobby downstairs," The nurse came out to tell everybody.