11

When everyone came down for breakfast later that morning Kara had to break the news, "So we all know our members of Team Flash left to go back to Central City last night, and it turns out they're gonna be there a bit longer than they thought they would be. So while they're gone, it's our job to keep the twins calm and reassure them everything is ok, no matter how long it takes the team to come back home, everyone understands?" Kara updated.

Everyone nodded their heads to Kara in understanding and went about their day.

Steve and Natasha went upstairs to check on McKayla before getting dressed for the day, "Hey so I think I'm gonna go see Nick today," Natasha told Steve as she grabbed her black leggings and jacket from her closet.

"What for?"

"Well he was pretty upset the last time I saw him and I wanna let him know I'm fully back before he comes and tries to rip your head off again".

"Well I would come with you, but I don't think I wanna risk getting shot again," he laughed.

Natasha put on a fake smile, "That's fine, you can spend the day with your daughter".

Natasha stood in the mirror deciding between two jackets she was gonna wear as Steve noticed a concerning look on her face, "You ok," he asked as he walked up behind her and rubbed her shoulders".

She leaned her head back into his shoulder, "i'm fine".

Steve moved his hands down to her hips and took her sweatshirts from her hand, throwing them onto the bed,"Anything I can do to help" he started kissing her neck.

Natasha's head applied more pressure into Steve's shoulder as she let out a small sigh and held onto his hands that were wrapped around her waist.

Steve started planting kisses down her shoulder as she slightly pulled away and walked over to their bed, picking up the sweatshirts Steve threw, "You could help me pick out a sweatshirt," she laughed as she stood there in her bra and leggings.

"I prefer you in neither, but uh that one," he pointed at the black defining jacket in her right hand.

Steve went and got Mckayla from her rocker while Natasha finished getting dressed, "I love you both," Natasha kissed Steve and Mckayla on their cheeks as she headed out the door.

Steve got dressed for the day, changed Mckayla and went to get her a bottle before looking for Kara, only to find her in the twin's room.

Steve knew she felt a lot of responsibility with Caitlin and Barry gone and this is probably where she's gonna spend a lot of time throughout the next two weeks.

The twins were still asleep and Kara was rocking back and forth in the chair across from their beds, "Hey K," Steve walked in the room.

"Hey Steve," she sighed as she tucked her hair back behind her ear, "I'm worried about Barry and Cait, we should've gone with them".

Steve lied Mckayla down on the play mat and gave her one of Nora's stuffed animals, then walked over and sat on the floor next to Kara, "They're gonna be fine, Kara, Barry's beat everyone he's faced" he placed his hand on her thigh.

Kara placed her hand on top of her brothers "I'm not so concerned about Barry, I'm with Caitlin, those powers are overwhelming her and if something goes wrong, what happens to them," she pointed at Henry and Nora as they slept, "We know better than anyone what it's like to lose your mother at a young age".

"They won't let anything happen to Caitlin," he reassured.

"I can watch McKayla for a couple hours if you have any work or anything you have to do".