Chapter 1: The Revival 📚

[Just a quick note before you start reading, I haven't written fanfiction in like 4 years, so bear with me lmao. If you'd like to give constructive criticism on my work, do not be afraid to tell me! Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy :D]

📚 = Lore
💕= Fluff
🔞= Smut
🔫= One Shot
💔= Angst
💀= Funny

[Also, Smut & Fluff are in chapters 6 & 7. There will be a summary of the story at the beginning of chapter 6. ]

You sit in your car next to your workplace in the parking lot. The atmosphere was frigid and ominous, ideal for Halloween. Your hands are on the cold steering wheel, and the windows are opaque from the heat of your breath. Mentally preparing yourself for your next shift, you think, 'Well... all my training has now been completed. This is the next step in my career! I should be able to handle this...' Still new to your job, you've only been on day shifts with other co-workers. You open your car door and look around. Only two cars are left, one of which is a police car. You walk into the building and head toward the forensics lab. You can hear people arguing behind the door.

John: "This is NOT something to joke about. I can't believe you would do something 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 stupid!" He said as he placed his hand on his face.

Jack: "Well, SorrRRY for trying to have a little fun with this job. You know how boring it can get." He huffed.

Patty: "Both of you shut it! my shift ends in less than a minute. I don't want to be here any longer than I have to." she said, putting bob back onto the table.

After giving a quiet knock, you open the door and walk in.
Y/N: "Hello! I hope I'm not too late."

Patty: "Just in time! I've laid out everything you'd need to complete your examination. I've only done a surface level of observation, so some evidence is on the table for you to look at."

Y/N: "Thank you, I'll take it from here." you said softly.

John: "Come on, let's go. I don't want any more distractions now." he said, still agitated towards Jack.

Jack: "Aww, come on! I haven't even seen one cut yet."

John grabs Jack's arm and heads towards the door. Patty, Jack, and John all leave the room. The building is now quiet and still, giving you an uncanny feeling. A gleam of light hits your eye, and you turn your head to see the amulet lying on the table. You approach and take a look; it seems familiar... You decide to test it to determine its composition and see if any DNA samples are present. Heading towards the microscope, you lightly brush up against Bob with the amulet in hand. In the corner of your eye, you see a finger move. You quickly turn around to see Bob entirely still. Thinking to yourself, 'It must have been my imagination; I might've gone overboard with the horror movies this Halloween, heh heh...' Even with an optimistic outlook, the suspense continues to quietly crawl up your back.

You remove the amulet from the bag and assemble the parts. The break appears to have occurred recently; it must have happened when John struck Bob with his police car. You try to take one of the pieces back and put it under the microscope, but it's not budging. It's almost as if the break magically healed on its own. "What the?..." you whispered to yourself. Suddenly, your heart drops as a sinister presence looms over you. Swiftly spinning around, you glance up to see Bob looking down on you with a menacing grin. Instantly, you go into panic mode and shriek with fear. He grabs the amulet, pulls it over his head, and puts it on. You rush over to the door and jiggle the handle. It's locked! When you look over to the other side of the room, Bob can be seen grabbing a surgical knife. Your heart is pounding in your ears, and your mind is racing 'what do I do?! what do I do?!' Bob moves closer, his eyes widening and his mouth drooling. He gets close enough for you to hear his stomach growl. He hasn't eaten in forever.

Y/N: "W-wait! If you kill me now. Y-you won't be able to try my famous smoked brisket recipe!" You blurted out in a panicked manner.

Bob stops and takes a moment to consider this proposal.
Bob: "Dinner, you say?" He chuckled.

Y/N: "Y-yes! I can make anything you want! Filet mignon, sirloin roast, country fried steak, y-you name it!" you said while composing.

Bob: "Tempting offer... how do I know this isn't a trick?" He said with a smirk.

Y/N: "Before I studied forensics, I was in culinary school. I make the best dishes in all of town. I-If I don't make anything to your standard, you can kill me then..."

Bob: *he laughed* "You think you know meat better than I do?"

Y/N: "I mean... you'll never know until you try."

Bob: "Alrighty, I'll take you up on this offer. However, if you try to do anything, you'll become my next dinner." he said with a frightening voice.

Bob walks over to the door and unlocks it. 'That's why the door was locked,' you thought. He keeps a sharp eye on you, ensuring you won't bolt out and run away. You try to keep your distance, but Bob stays right by your side. You walk into the parking lot with a lone car by the entrance.

Bob: "I assume that's yours?"

Y/N: "Y-yeah, uh, are you driving o-or am I?"

Bob: "I'll let you drive." he said in a sinister yet reassuring voice.

Bob climbs into the passenger seat, lowering the suspension on his side. You take a seat on the driver's side, your hands trembling as you insert the keys. You start the car and begin driving back home. Hooo boy, what have you gotten yourself into? You try to make conversation, trying to lower the tension.

Y/N: "So uhh... what would you like for me t-to make?"

Bob: "Hmmm... I haven't had country-fried steak in a long time."

Y/N: "Oh yeah?"

Bob: "Ooo, and with cornbread, baked beans, and baked cinnamon apples."

Y/N: "Really? W-when was the last time you've had this?"

Bob: "I hadn't had any since my mawmaw and peepaw made it for me when I was a kid."

Y/N: "Sounds like I'll be having one hell of a competition." you said nervously.

Bob: "Indeed, but I'm sure someone of your skill would be able to manage since you're willing to bet your life on it.."

Y/N: "Yeah, haha... let's see what's on the radio... any music genres you're interested in?"

Bob: "Anything is fine."

You turn on the radio and change the channel. You see Bob muttering the lyrics under his breath. Maybe he has some human still in him after all. Not long after, you pull into the driveway and go through the front door.

Y/N: "Feel free to make yourself at home... there's some leftover Halloween candy on the buffet if you'd like some..."

Bob approaches the candy bowl, takes it over to the couch, and munches on it one at a time.

Y/N: "I'll go ahead and get started on dinner. It'll take about 1-2 hours."

Bob continues to eat the candy without saying anything. You walk to the kitchen and start cooking, ensuring everything you make is perfect. Bob listens closely as you cook, and after a while, he walks into the kitchen without you noticing. As you pulled out the baked apples from the oven, you turned around and jumped, giving a small yelp.

Y/N: "Dear god, can you at least knock?.. almost made me drop the baked apples."

Bob: "My apologies. I'll try and be more considerate next time."

Y/N: "Dinner should be ready in about 30 minutes..."

Bob continues to stand still silently by the kitchen doorway. His creepy and disturbing smile has not dropped since you left the forensics lab. It's almost as if he's been possessed. His strange demeanor is enough to freak anyone out. You finish up dinner and prep the dining room table. Bob sits down and patiently waits for his meal. You get a plate, bring it over to him, and nervously watch him as he eats.