ASR in Kitchen

Story continuous from khushi saying "I dont want to marry in a rich family. What if my mother-in-law insults me regarding my status like you do to payalji." to manorama.

Living room became silent after khushi's statement. Everyone are waiting for mami reaction. 

Khushi slowly went near mami and placed her hand on mami's hand.

"Mamiji, if you think i will believe you about your hate towards payalji is just because she is from poor family, then its a No. I won't believe it. There must be some other reason. I dont want to hurt you by intruding in your personal issues but i really like you. You are like a mother to me. I dont want anyone to think bad about you." Khushi explained her with so much sincerity. Khushi got up to walk away sensing mami unresponsive. But a hold on her hand stopped her.

"Khushi bitiya" Mami whispered and looked at her with teary eyes.

"I dont hate payal bitiya. From childhood akash didnt opposed me for anything. When i asked him to marry my friend's daughter he opposed me, he said he will marry only payal. He even threatened me saying he will leave house if i wont agree. My friends told me how middle-class wonem trap rich men and lure them and leave them on streets. I got scared thinking she will take my son away from me. I cant live without him. So, to control her i started speaking rudely to her and insulting her at every opportunity." Mami told her insecurities realizing how awful she treated payal.

Khushi rubbed her hand giving silent support.

Akash came near mami and knelt down taking manorama hands into his. 

"Ma, i never intended to hurt you. I will never leave you and go away. I am sorry" Akash apologized realizing he was the reason insecurities took birth in his mother.

"I would be the one apologizing. I hurt you and payal bitiya many times. I am sorry payal bitiya." Mami told turning to payal side. Payal came and sat beside akash, tears are flowing from her eyes.

"Its ok maji, you are elder to us. You have right to scold us" Payal told.

Mami hugged payal. Everyone are happy and emotional seeing their unison. Arnav felt proud of khushi. 

"Thank you khushi" Akash told to khushi.

"Its ok akashji" Khushi smiled politely.

"Wah khushi bitiya, today you did something which whole raizada's failed to do" Mama praised khushi.

"Yes khushi, you are soo good" Anjali told along with nani. Khushi hided her face with hands feeling shy with their attention. Everyone chuckled seeing her shyness. 

"You are so cute" Anjaliji told kissing her cheek. Khushi became more shy and hid behind mami. Her cheeks turned red. 

"Wah, my sister knows shying like girls" aman teased her.

"Aman babua, dont tease my bitiya" Mami supported khushi.

"I will go and make sweets" Khushi told and ran off to kitchen making them laugh.

She came inside and looked around. Kitchen is neatly arranged and looks sophisticated. She looked around to fetch ingredients to make sweets. 

"Why didnt you call me?" Arnav told as soon as he stepped into kitchen making khushi jump on her place.

"You scared me" khushi told keeping a hand on her heart.

"jhansi rani got scared" Arnav told as if it is an achievement. 

"What sweets we need to make?" Arnav asked taking an apron. 

"Laddu, jilebi, rasgulla" Khushi told thinking.