Chapter 52: Fireworks Fiesta

When Coldsnap and Keena materialized back on Earth, they ended up hovering in midair for a few seconds before rapidly plunging into a free-fall, much to Keena's horror. However, Coldsnap had a plan. 

"Don't worry.....I got this," she said confidently before holding her hand up to her mouth and whistling to call in her ice dragon. The beast immediately came flying to its master's aid, swiftly catching both Coldsnap and Keena on its back before flying them towards their destination. 

"Whoa.....so this is what it feels like to be on this thing....." Keena mused. ".....The seat's kind of cold." 

Coldsnap shrugged. "Meh. You get used to it after a while." 

"So.....where are we going? I can think of a lot of places on Earth I'd like to check out...." 

"No, you've already done so much for me over the course of this adventure.....tonight, I shall treat you to something in return." 

"Where are we headed?" 

The icy heroine grinned. "It's a surprise." 

She took advantage of her ice dragon's immense speed to cross the distance between Jacksonville and Orlando within the span of a few minutes; an endeavor that normally would've taken at least a couple of hours. As the two girls neared their stop, Keena's eyes shimmered with excitement as a familiar-looking, unmistakable structure came into view; the towering castle that served as the centerpiece of the Magic Kingdom, at the Walt Disney World Resort

"Oh my gosh.....what is that? It looks so beautiful!" Keena exclaimed. 

"The two years I spent on Earth, isolated from the other Mage Aspects.....they weren't all bad," Coldsnap explained. "A little background: Walt Disney Animation Studios is a massive company responsible for the birth of several animated movies and TV shows, creating all sorts of whimsical characters and bringing them to life on the screen. They've grown so popular over the years and hold a special place within many people, regardless of age; you're always young at heart, after all. Eventually, five theme parks were constructed to commemorate these characters and their stories; the Magic Kingdom, where we're currently at, is probably the most well-known of the five." 

Keena could barely manage a response; the scenes of the bright, festive lights framed against the dark night sky and the humans below happily conversing with each other---getting along and chatting as if they were longtime friends---nearly brought her to tears. 

"Wow...." the water mage whispered. "Alpin and Flamestar really were wrong....." 

"Right? Everyone coming together, and not a sign of hostility in sight.....it really warms the heart, doesn't it? But that's not the main reason why I brought you here," Coldsnap hinted. "Come on, let's find a good place to hover so we can watch the show." 

She directed the ice dragon to take a position high above the theme park grounds, but still in front of the castle---far enough that they would be able to get a good view of all the action. 

"Umm.....aren't we technically here illegally?" Keena asked worriedly. "We didn't buy tickets; you literally just flew over the gate....." 

"Pfffft," Coldsnap responded as she waved her hand in disregard. "I highly doubt anyone will even be able to see us up here. And plus, I'm a superhero around these parts.....I'm sure I could pull at least a couple of strings. Anyway, I think this should be a good spot....we can watch the performance together in secret, you know?" 

".....Okay, sure! You're the host, after all! Wonder what this is going to be....." 

Just then, the speakers around the theme park became active, and a booming voice resonated from them.