And I Am Holding Yours

Tyler's POV
May 2022

I lay there knowing that it was for real this time.

I was gazing at my wonderful blue eyed husband.

I knew I was giving up, not just for me but for us.

Our little green eyed boy was lying on the hospital chair sleeping.

I wonder if he knew that when he woke up his dad would be gone.

I wonder how Troye is going to handle it.

I needed to leave him with something.

"Troye" I said with my voice horse and rough.

He reached for the nurse button out of routine

"No" I said quickly

The pain echoed though my chest

"What is it baby?" Troye said with a worried look on his face

I grabbed his hand tight

"Troye-" I stared

"I know" he finished a tear rolling down his face

I looked over at our beautiful son.

Oh how I loved him so, the way you could only see his dimpels when he laughed, the way his little feet sounded on our hardwood floor, the was he smelled and spoke and hugged.

Troye noticed me looking at Wren and got up to go get him

"No Troye let him sleep" I said slipping in and out of conciousnious

"Troye listen to me, take care of him and never let him go, make sure he grows up strong and brave like you. Never waste a minute wih him because in a blink of an eye it can vanish."

Troye nodded sobbing

"And baby never be afraid to fall in love again, you are worth so much more than lonliness, never forget us but find your happy because when you do that know that I will be watching down on you smiling. Be everyhing you ever wanted to be and more"

I lifted his left hand

"See this ring? It's not only a commitment and a promise but it is so much more, It's a sign for all the years, laughs, tears, and struggles we have been though and we have beaten them all, so whenever your down or struggling hold your ring right over you heart and know that I am with you and I am holding your hand"

I was sobbing and fading away but Troye's voice pulled me back for the last time

"and I am holding yours"