Chapter IV

Chapter IV

Sunday as usual flew past with Monday swiftly taking its space. It is the start of a new week, or at least it is for most workers and all students. Alex walks cuts through a neighborhood to arrive at an opening between road and desert, making it the faster way to get to the canal's dirt road. Walking down the sandy hill, Alex arrives at the dirt road right at the exact spot where he first awakened his soul's power. He stopped for a moment, remembering what happened just a few days ago. Thinking back on the feeling of having to first draw his blade and the feeling of having a reason to fight filled him with determination. Alex turned his attention to the school campus, its main entrance being just a short walk away. As he continued his walk towards campus, Alex looked up to gaze at the early morning sky. Although he didn't always enjoy being awake at such an early time, Alex still quite enjoyed being outside at this time. Daybreak's lighting and the early morning sky's colors were quite enjoyable. It was partly cloudy and the sun was beginning to light the sky, giving the clouds that distinct mix of gold and a touch pink.

Alex: Something tells me today will be good.

Alex entered the school campus and into the main grounds. The first building was divided between faculty offices and the library. At the edge of the library were large windows, giving a big view of the all the tables between there and the cafeteria that were used by the students. A couple tables sat right by those windows, separated from the main bunch. There Alex met up with a some of his friends, as they were waiting for morning classes to begin. Not too long after that, the school's bell ran, indicating the start of class. Alex made his way through the usual traffic, reaching the building where his class was. He took a moment to look at all the people that were moving through the campus. "If a strong Geist went through this place when there are so many students here; who knows what kind of damage it could do." Alex thought to himself, once again reaffirming himself to see the vital position that he would take on.

Alex moved along through class, albeit slower than usual. The hours went by and Alex could practically feel every second pass by making his anticipation towards after school today turn into slight nervousness.

The hours went by and classes for the day finally came to an end. Alex waited for a few minutes to let the crowd disperse and he soon began his search for where Anali and the rest of her crew where situated. Alex stepped out of the shade of one of the class building's ramadas and began to walk around, hoping to catch wind of her. As he walked through campus, Alex closed his eyes to try and focus more on his hearing, hoping to maybe hear something. His hearing didn't really reveal much, but instead he picked up on something else; a feeling that he could not quite describe but felt somewhat familiar. He tried to focus on this feeling, trying to remember what it reminded him of. The feeling became a bit sharper, a presence? He opened his eyes and scanned the area where he thought he felt someone. Not too far from where he was, Anali had just walked by, not noticing where Alex was standing.

Alex: There you are.

Alex began walking in the same direction, calling out to Anali.

Anali: Oh! Are you here for what I'm hoping you are?

Alex: If you mean joining you, yes, I want to join you.

Anali: Perfect! In that case, come with me.

Anali led Alex to one of the classroom buildings and into a dark classroom. Nobody else was in the building and coming immediately after being outside did not give Alex's eyes enough time to adjust, making the dark room even darker.

Anali: Just hang out here for a moment. I'll be right back.

As Anali left the room, Alex scanned the dark room, his eyes still adjusting to the change in lighting. Seeing as there was no reason to stick around in the dark, Alex started towards where the light switch was. Just as he was about to flick the switch, Alex felt a sensation similar to when he felt what he assumed was Anali's presence.