Chapter XIII

Chapter XIII

The next day....

School is done for the day and Alex decides to stop by the library on his way back home. As he stepped inside, he took a moment to let the cool air wash over him. Looking around as he walked in, he spotted Elliot and Heidi at one of the desks, presumably working on some kind of research project, as they both had textbooks they were looking at. As he approached them, Alex reached into his pocket.

Alex: Yo, Elliot!

Elliot and Heidi both turned their attention to Alex, who was now right by their table. Alex pulled out something from his pocket and handed it to Elliot.

Alex: Here you go.

Alex handed him a small crystal, slightly smaller than your average rock.

Elliot: What's this?

Alex: I found a pair of crystals in my pocket when I got back home. I think they formed from the left-over Anima of Richter's knives. Since Richter also wanted to fight you, I thought it appropriate to give you one. A memento of sorts.

Elliot pocketed the small crystal.

Elliot: I see what you're saying. Thanks, I'll hang on to it.

Heidi finally spoke up.

Heidi: Damn, that's anime as hell, dude.

The guys laughed at this.

Alex: I know right? It writes itself.

As they were talking, Luis had just entered the library. He was wearing the school's soccer uniform, so he must have just gotten off practice.

Luis: Good to see morale isn't dropping.

Alex: I prefer to stay in good spirits just out of spite. Richter may have been a friend, but that doesn't mean he didn't just pull some dumb shit. I mean did you guys hear how he was talking? He was practically another person altogether. Almost like a super villain or something.

Luis chuckled.

Luis: Yeah, I heard. What were you guys talking about anyways?

Alex showed Luis the crystals that seemingly formed in his pocket and told him about keeping them.

Luis: Memento? Like something out of a movie.

In that moment, Heidi clapped her hands together.

Heidi: Oh! I just thought of something. Could I see those crystals for a moment?

Alex and Elliot gave the crystals to her.

Heidi: I just thought of a way to make this even more anime. It will take me a bit though.

Luis: Well, I gotta go you guys. But before I do, I ran into Mr. Herrera on my way out and asked me to let you guys know that we won't be holding weekly meetings anymore. Since for the most part we always do the same we could just write it into the group chat; also, that we will only meet up when deemed necessary. That's probably because of me actually, I've had to skip soccer practice a lot since I've joined the crew. My dad probably had something to say about that.

Heidi giggled to herself

Heidi: Wow, what a concerned parent.

Luis: Yeah, no kidding. Anyways, I'm going to go and see if I can also find myself one of those crystals you got. Richter was my friend too, you know. See you guys later.

Heidi: If you find something bring it to me.

She exclaimed as Luis walked away. Luis simply gave her a thumbs up as he continued walking.