Chapter V

Chapter V

The next day came by. Classes came and went seemingly in a flash for Alex, he had found a new sense of motivation after yesterday's sparring match with Elliot. "I worried a bit too much it seems" he thought to himself as he exited the classroom for today's last class. The group with the other Anima users tries to meet at least once a day to go over what they did and will probably end up doing for the rest of the day. On his way to the classroom they held their meetings in, Alex ran into Richter and Heidi, they both had the same class at the end of the day. The three of them walked together to the meeting, talking along the way.

The three arrived in the classroom to find Mr. Herrera and Anali had already gotten there, with Elliot arriving shortly after the three got there. Once everybody was there, Mr. Herrera asked what the other members ran into throughout their patrol.

Richter: I ran into 3 Geists over the entire day. But I did also patrol well after sundown.

Heidi: I myself ran into only 2 Geists. One during my actual patrol and the other shortly after I had gotten home.

Elliot: I didn't see any myself.

Alex: Same.

Anali: I only saw one yesterday.

Herrera nodded. These seemed to be the numbers he more or less expected.

Alex: I'm assuming these numbers are normal then?

Herrera: Yes, this isn't exactly a very big city, so it isn't too bad. I went to Yuma and found 5 Geists in a few hours. So, in comparison, there are a few more that spawn based on the bigger populated areas. Now then, anyone planning anything different outside of the usual patrols around the city?

Anali and Heidi shook their head. Their plans stayed the same.

Herrera: All right then, what about you guys?

Richter: How about we all hang out and patrol together?

Elliot: Sure.

Alex: Sounds good to me.

Herrera: Ok, then. I will go and check with Officer Torrez and see what him and Luis are up to. I shall leave you guys to it then.

Herrera picked up his belongings and exited the classroom along with Anali and Heidi.

Alex: Before we leave, can I see what your guys' weapons look like? I didn't exactly get a look at them yesterday.

Richter: Actually, how about you and me have a quick sparring match before we go? First one to land a hit? We can check out each other's weapons right before we do that.

Alex: Sure thing. Let's meet back up where we fought last time.

Richter and Elliot agreed and began to exit the classroom. As Alex stepped outside, he ran into Anali who was waiting just across the hallway.

Anali: I'm surprised you want to get into another fight so quickly. Especially considering how you were when you fought your first Geist.

Alex: I may have found a reason to fight, but my fear over these monsters is still there. I thought the best way to work through it is to get used to fighting. Plus, it's different fighting people; it seems much more complex.

Anali: You're not wrong about that. Fighting other Anima users is much different, considering the wide range of abilities your opponent may have.

Alex: After having the sparring match with you and then Elliot yesterday, I definitely feel much more confident in using my powers. I guess I should offer my thanks to you and the guys.