Chapter VI

Chapter VI

Herrera: It was how big?

Anali: I'd say maybe like 2 stories tall and about as long as a semi without the trailer.

The guild members met the next day, with Anali reporting about their Geist encounter.

Herrera: It's a good thing you were all together. Who knows what would have happened if only one of us had run into it? Wonder why it appeared, considering where it was. There really isn't any reason for it to be there, if anything, it would make more sense to-

He looked at the clocked and stopped for a moment. "It's not a very crowded area, was it moving to the nearby shops? If so, why wasn't it there already? And it wasn't exactly late at night either." he thought to himself.

Herrera: Well, I think it's about time we wrapped it up here. I'll leave you guys to it then. I on the other hand will be doing some research.

Alex: Ok then. Anali want to team up again?

Anali: Can't, I'm going out of town for some errands. Why don't you boys go.

Anali and Herrera both grabbed their things and left the classroom.

Elliot: What about you Heidi?

Heidi: I had already planned to team up today with Luis today. So, you guys got the whole weekend to yourselves. Don't forget if you need back up at any time to send out a call; which reminds me, Alex, you're the only person from the guild that I don't have their number yet.

Alex and Heidi exchanged contact information and waved at the guys as she left the classroom as well.

Richter: Let's go! Team Dual Blades!

Richter raised his fist to the sky, showing his motivation. Alex and Elliot joined in and soon the 3 left the classroom as well to go and patrol the city. This time however, the day went by without anything major happening. The trio ran into a few weak Geists that all looked the same. They all looked like small humanoid masses of dark blue and purple smoke. Each one being dispatched with a few strikes from their weapons.

Alex: I thought all Geists were different.

He said as he sheathed his blades, the last of the Geists taken care of.

Elliot: You're not necessarily wrong, these little things are like the lowest form of a Geist. Give them a day or two and then they'll eventually change shape if they get enough Malice in their system.

Richter: Basically, they're like bugs. Once they get big enough, they shed their skin.

Alex: I get you. So, these things were basically fresh off the press.

Elliot: Pretty much.

Richter: It's been a few hours and so far, we've run into like 4 small time Geists. Kind of boring. You guys want to go get some pizza or something? I'm starving.

Alex: Sounds good to me.

Elliot: Plus, if we don't run into any Geists on the way, we could just call it a bit earlier.

Richter and Alex nodded in agreement and made way to the pizza joint. The pizza joint was just off main street in a large shopping plaza downhill. Although the plaza was large, there weren't many shops in there. A large grocery store, an auto parts store, a large building under construction, and another restaurant that had closed a few years ago, with each building having large space available for parking.

Richter phoned the pizza place as the trio walked; ordering a large pepperoni pizza for the 3 of them. It should be ready by the time they get there. As they continued their walk, it looked like Elliot had hit the nail right on the head, they did not encounter a single Geist on their way.