Gaiden I

Gaiden I

A side story, that may or may not have a direct connection with the main storyline. Read it. Or don't, you coward

Natalie awoke with a sudden jolt. Short of breath from whatever nightmare she was having, she looked out the window to see the night sky was barely starting to break into dawn. She looked at the clock on her bedside table.

Natalie: 5 am? Ugh.

Despite how early it was, her sudden awakening left her with little drowsiness, so she decided to grab a snack downstairs. As she walked into the kitchen, she ran into her dad as he was about to head out to work.

"Dad": You're up early. I thought you weren't going to school today?

Natalie shook her head.

Natalie: Woke up from a bad dream, and now I'm hungry.

She said as she reached into one of the cabinets to pull out some cookies.

"Dad": Well, I gotta go. You enjoy your cookies.

He gave his daughter a kiss on the forehead and walked out the front door. After eating a few cookies, Natalie went back to her room to try and sleep again. But as she put her head on her pillow, she remembered what she saw in her dream, albeit only a part of it. A trail of bodies inside of an office building somewhere. And at the end of it, was a man, with white hair and a pair of bloody swords. Just thinking about it creeped her out. "Must have been from some movie I saw at some point." she thought as she looked out the window and slowly fell back to sleep. Hopefully there won't be another dream like that.

Final note(for real): This is a beta, I'll be making revisions as I work on part 2. As II said, I've never really used wattpad before, so things may look weird in some parts from the transition to this from Word online to this. Anyways, thanks for reading., hope you enjoyed it. Also, fun fact: japanese light novels are usually around 50k words. This here is 60.5k words