Chapter IX

Chapter IX

???: Heeeey! Looks like you were quite busy my friend!

The three guys changed shifted their attention to the source of the sound. On the other side of the canal was a man waving at David with his left hand, while holding a sword impaled on the ground with his right. He was tall and seemed to be in his late twenties; he wore a plain white shirt with a brown cropped leather jacket, blue jeans, and black boots. He had long dark hair held in a pony tail and had a tattoo of two coiling snakes on left arm.

David: Oh... great, it's you.

The man began to pull the sword from the ground and with it, the metal barrier receded into the ground as well. He then jumped across the canal, landing in front of the guys, standing between them and their escape. As he took one step forward, it became instantly clear; this guy was way more powerful than even David is at the moment.

???: Hey now, no need to be so negative with your coworkers, eh?

David: What do you want Salvatore?

Salvatore: Well, I can see that you're busy doing one of the jobs we were given. But I mean come on dude, you and I know this is lower priority.

Their personalities could not be clashing more right now. This Salvatore guy was very easy going, meanwhile David wears a more serious personality when dealing with work. Clearly, David did not like this man.

Salvatore: Tell you what; you told me you had a hunch of where that thing we were looking for is right? Well, I went to check it out earlier today and I think you may be right. Why don't you go take a look at it yourself? I'll take over for you here.

David pondered quietly for a moment.

David: I see... Very well, I'll leave this to you then.

Salvatore: Great! See you later bud!

Salvatore waved at David as he began to walk away from their fight. A big smile on his face.

Salvatore: Now then...

He turned his attention to the each of the guys in turn.

Salvatore: I think you guys can tell that I am not going to be an easy fight. But hey, I am more than willing to let you guys try and take me down. After all, you're high schoolers! The pinnacle of youth!

The three quickly took on their fighting stance.

Salvatore: Hey now! Let's not be hasty

He said, raising his hands.

Salvatore: See, David seems to think that just killing you guys is the best way to go about this. But! That isn't all there is to this job. See, the boss told us to either kill you...

He stopped for a moment as if to add to the drama of the situation.

Salvatore: Have you join us!

Alex: Fucking what?

Elliot and Richter also shared this sentiment.

Richter: The hell you mean join you?

Salvatore: No, seriously. I'm not joking. In fact, let me tell you something. You notice how David totally powered up? Hell, he fought you guys in his spirit form, didn't he?

This caught them by surprise. Neither of them had even realized this, but looking back on it, David was indeed not fighting them in a physical body.

Salvatore: Well, what if I told you, you could get that kind of power if you joined us?