Too Late

"TommyInnit was killed by Dream"

Tubbo read from his watch, looking up at Jack in shock. "We were too late, I-I was too late" he breathed with his eyes wide. "Shit" Jack whispered to himself whilst looking away, trying to think of something to say but nothing came to mind. Tubbo was frozen in place, a slight ringing noise came from the nuke as they both looked at it, there was a flashing light suddenly coming from all sides of the nuke. "It's not going to launch meaning it's gonna explode right here right now- Tubbo do something" Jack quickly said. Tubbo didn't move until Jack shook him by the shoulders, "TUBBO DO SOMETHING BEFORE WE BOTH DIE!" he yelled in his face. Tubbo shook his head before running over to a stand of buttons. He pressed and flipped a few before everything started to calm down; he stayed there for a second stunned, tears covered his vision before falling down his red cheeks. "Tubbo-" Jack said, laying a hand on Tubbo's shoulder before Tubbo shook him off and walked away from him, his back faced Jack the whole time.

"Tubbo this-this isn't your fault" Jack said, stuttering with his words as he slowly walked over to Tubbo again. "Come on man lets get out of here" he said, holding his hand out for Tubbo to grab but Tubbo just shoved him away and walked over to the ladder. He almost flew up it before falling to his knees at the top, snow wet his knees as he cried into his hands. Jack soon joined next to him, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder to let him know he was there for him, "I'm so sorry" he said, almost crying himself as tears slowly flooded his eyes. "What have I done, I-I guess he was going to die anyway but now" Tubbo cried before breathing and breaking down more, "Now he-he died for-for nothing". "I know, it's ok" Jack sighed patiently before Tubbo looked at him, clear anger rushing through him as he stood up and faced Jack. "I know you did not just say that to me, 'it's ok', NOTHING IS OK JACK NOTHING!" He yelled in Jacks face before breaking down again, "nothing is ok". Jack pulled him into a tight hug, protecting him from whatever was out there as he stared into the sunset and let Tubbo cry in his arms.

——————————————————
A purposefully short start to the story :,)

SPOILERS || CONTEXT - for anyone who has missed lore, putting it short Tubbo and Tommy were gonna kill Dream but completely failed so they made a plan where Tommy goes into the prison and Tubbo blows it up with his nukes. In this story (as you have already read) it failed and now... yeah.

472 words