A kid 2

As usual, Rimuru was filling paperwork inside his office. But this time he was distracted. His hands were writing, but his mind was elsewhere. He had a mad smile while tasting revenge.

"Wh-What is this?" Benimaru's shocked expression satisfied him

"Today's work for you, commander" (assistant)

"Isn't it... a lot more than usual"(Benimaru)

"I am wondering the same, but it had been assigned by a higher up, so I can't really complain. So please do something" (assistant)

"I see... very mature" Benimaru just left a little chuckle and resumed work.

Souei just stared his increased workload and started it with a grin. For some reason, their reactions irked Rimuru. 

"Whoa! Master! Can't you hold back a little!?" Gobuta was crying

"Hohoho! As expected of our lord! You can really endure this increase!" Hakuro was very satisfied

"Don't tell me- Whoa! Break, a break!" Gobuta started running again

At least this side has a satisfactory reaction. Normally, Rimuru limited his perception scope and left the wide area vigilance to his partner. But now, he was using it to enjoy his little revenge.

<<Sigh... childish>>

'Did you say something?'

<<Just your imagination>>

As Rimuru was enjoying it, the door burst open.

"WAhahahaha! Bestie! I heard about it!"

Of all the people, why! 

"Oh, Milim! Care to not break the door each time you come here!" Rimuru complained

"Don't try to hide it! You are little kid" (Milim)

It was bothersome to be called a kid by someone as childish as Milim, so Rimuru denied her claims

"I can handle myself fine, so I am not a kid!" (Rimuru)

"Eh? But isn't it fine to be a kid?" (Milim)

Rimuru didn't understand.

"I mean, kids don't have to work, so if bestie is a kid, then you can play with me all day!" (Milim)

Milim's proposal was logical and... tempting. He was truly bored from paperwork and wanted to play too. But his pride didn't allow him to use that as an excuse.

"Sigh. Milim, I have work, so I can't play all day with you" (Rimuru)

"Eh? But kids don't work, Rimuru is not old enough to be an adult-" (Milim)

"It's my work, the people I hold dear count on me" Rimuru said with a warm smile. Milim didn't oppose anymore and waited for her bestie.

Knock, Knock... 

"Rimuru-sama! Lunch is ready! I also have Milim-sama's portion" Shuna announced the break.

"Shuna's luch!" Milim darted to open the door. She took her food to the table and started eating it.

"Sh-Shuna? What is this?" Rimuru's eyes twitched

"Your lunch, Rimuru-sama!" (Shuna)

"And why the kids menu?" (Rimuru)