The weakest monster

I just joined a herd of slimes. Why? Because I am running away.

A wise man hides a leaf in a forest. And a slime in a herd of slimes. Aren't I a genius?

<<...>>

Something to say, Ciel?

<<Even if you leave it for later, your workload will not decrease. On the contrary...>>

I know! But I also want to have some free time!

It's summer! It's hot! I don't wanna be stuck in the office!

<<Rimuru-sama has Thermal Fluctuation Nullification>>

That's not the point. It's the feeling! The feeling!

<<...>>

So, what are we doing? We are just strolling in the forest. It seems slimes instinctually tend to follow the strongest in the herd.

Right now, I am just one more slime following our herd leader. I am hiding my aura because I don't wanna get caught.

It's amazing how simple is a normal slime's life. They just travel around and if they find something to eat, they absorb it.

The food for slimes is... not that delectable. I can't even taste food anyway, so it should not be an issue. I mean, they eat everything, from monster's dead bodies or plants to accumulated dust.

Truly, a simple life. Maybe overworking that much has made me appreciate more this simple slife.

Now that I think about it, for a slime standards, aren't I overworking myself too much? I mean, I am working much even for human standards...

It's decided. When I return to the office, I will assort the work that I can toss- ahem- distribute with others. It's not good if those fellas are overly dependent on me.

While thinking this and that, the herd reached a forest glade.

This place sure is nostalgic... It feels like many but few years ago when I first exited that cave...

He was here. Gobuta lazing around. If I am not wrong, he should be training with Hakuro right now.

Should I be stricter with the hobgoblin? But I can't allow others find about this relaxing place I just found.

We slimes were just doing our slime stuff while Gobuta was just sleeping.

We got more visitors. Few of Gobuta's subordinates and Gabiru with his usual followers.

"Capitan, are you fooling around again?" (Gobte)

"Wasn't it commander now?" (Gobtsu)

"Who cares! Our boss just got away from the training alone" (Gobte)

They might talk like that but truth to be told, Gobuta is well liked among his men. Probably...

While they were complaining, Gabiru went to wake up Gobuta.

They talked for a while and then spared a bit.

...Gabiru has become strong... and Gobuta who can keep with such Gabiru without Ranga's help is truly talented. Milim's training seems effective.

I thought they would return to work after a while, but they just brought more things. It was almost a picnic.

Those guys... they probably knew better to balance between work and play... while I was stuck in my office these guys probably enjoyed the afternoons from time to time.

I was glad my subordinates were enjoying themselves. I was glad but also mad. You might call it jealousy. So, I took away some of their food while they were not watching as revenge.