Chapter thirty-one

Steve's POV
It was dark, really dark. I couldn't feel myself being shaken but I knew I was. Slowly the darkness went away and I started to feel more of the shaking. I heard mumbles but I couldn't make out the words and the darkness was still there. Then the darkness went away and my vision came back but it was very blurry. I recognized the words that used to be mumbles. I saw Bucky shaking me and he was saying my name.
"Bucky I'm fine," I managed to get out those three words.
"No your not," I heard him say.
He picked me up and put me on the bed. Now I was all the way back to the real world.
"Bucky I'm serious," I said trying to sit up before Bucky's hand pushed me back down on the bed.
"Lie down," He said sternly.
"Why, I told you I'm fine."
"You just passed out and that's not usually a good thing," he said.
"Can I please sit up?"
"Fine," Bucky said giving up.
I sat up in the bed. I was a little dizzy but other than that I was fine.
"There look I'm fine," I said.
"Do you really want to walk around and do all the crap you did before surgery?" he asked me.
"Yes I do."
"Then I'll help you but you have to promise me you won't try anything when you're alone."
"Promise," I said surprised that Bucky gave in this easily.
"I'm going to give you a couple minutes to rest and then I want you to walk back downstairs," Bucky said.
I sat up in the bed and drank some water. Then I got off the bed and turned towards Bucky.
"Are you ready?" he asked me.
"Yes sir."
"Good. I'm going to go to the bottom of the stairs and you're going to come down to me."
"Sounds good to me."
I walked down the stairs. Each step was harder and harder, even when going down.
"Hey," Bucky said.
"What?" I asked.
"Look at me not the stairs."
"Why?"
"You need a focal point that's not moving."
I took Bucky's advice and I looked at him. Surprisingly it helped. Maybe I was just having a little vertigo because I was used to sitting on the couch with nothing moving. I got to the bottom of the stairs and Bucky gave me a pat on the back.
"Good job squirt," He said jokingly.
"Never call me that again," I said

Tony's POV

I snuck downstairs to grab my cameras. When I came back up I plugged it into my laptop and watched the footage. Most of it was just my dad building stuff but that guy that I saw earlier came back. He showed his face and I scanned it and put it through facial recognition but it said he didn't exist. His shirt said something but I couldn't make it out. It looked like an acronym with six letters but I couldn't read the letters. I looked around my room. It was super clean but there were so many things. I started typing everything in my room in my computer as acronyms. I started with bed. Then I did everything else in my room. Nothing in my room came up as a match. Maybe something in the basement would though. I grabbed my laptop and searched through the footage. First thing I typed was robot. And still nothing came up. I had to know who these people were. Whoever they were they looked important and that just makes me want to find out more. In the footage my dad was polishing some sort of metal shield. I decided to type that in too. a lot of things came up for that. S.H.I.E.L.D it said, is a multi-million dollar weapons and protection department for the United States and sometimes other countries. Why were there people from S.H.I.E.L.D. it out house. Was my dad working with them? I read more about what it said. It said S.H.I.E.L.D. was taken down and had all of their information released to the public. Then it was slowly built back up and there was a new director. The new director was the guy that I saw in my basement. It said his name was Phil Coulson.