Three

"I am sorry we would have to reschedule our club outing. I totally forgot about this." Riya apologized but Mahira simply waved a hand. "It's cool Riya. This is like club only. Just with rich people and a sophisticated crowd. Pretentious too might I add. No wait! Its like the Met Gala. Without the Kardashians."

"It's just a gala Mahi."

"Exactly. You get the drinks, and you get to dance. Just not the grinding on people dance but a dance nonetheless. I'll enjoy the same." Riya shook her head with an amused look, she has never seen Mahira grind against anyone anywhere.

It was the annual Kapoor gala. The extravagant hotel owned by them is decorated to give complex to the royal palaces. All the Kapoor employees, no matter who they work under are invited to have a night of relaxation and dressing up. The rich elites of Mumbai are also marked present at these gatherings. It's a place where you form connections, expand business, form some new alliances (business or marital) or simply relax.

People look forward to it every year. To wear their finest of silks and pearls, to show off their status. Not only that but the gala also works for charity. Every year a new cause is raised and the money is donated. The bigger your donation, the richer you seem to the society.

Riya dressed to impress. Her long and slender model stature draped with the fine navy blue net. Embroidery of blue and golden threads highlighted her complexion. Her off the shoulders dress was secured with extra dramatic ribbons on her arms. Her hair pushed back from her face. They were given a wet look by her stylist as they ended a little below her shoulder.

People in the hall turned to look at the two ladies that just entered. Mahira's red fitted gown grabbed the most attention. Her hair was in a sleek low ponytail as the dress trailed behind her and became the main attraction. Her makeup minimal, though a bold red lip gained the attention from most. Riya left her side to go grab their favorite drinks from the bar, since both of them planned to get hammered tonight.

Someone taps on Mahira's shoulder and a smile immediately graced her face as she saw her childhood friend. "Ishu!" Mahira goes to hug him but Ishaan grumbles at the nickname she game him ages ago. "Don't call me that Mahi! I have a reputation." She simply rolls her eyes and pulls his cheek, getting a glare in return.

Mahira's smile fell as she looked behind him. Now she doesn't want to be here. She looks at Ishaan and smiles awkwardly. "Ahhh, I gotta go water my dog." With that she was off to somewhere.

"What?!" Ishaan was confused but moreover he was amused. Someone tapped his shoulder and he turned around. Every thought was out of his mind. There was the woman he loved. The woman he missed so much.

Riya had come back with the drinks but when she saw Ishaan talking to Mahira, she knew this was her chance. He has matured. His complexion seemed darker. Probably from the tan he got from his last trip to Mauritius. His shoulders were broad. Same as she remembered. He has maintained his physique. He loves the gym.

"Hey." Riya's voice was a mere whisper in a crowd of hundreds and thousands of people. But he heard her. Loud and clear. She still has that little edge in her voice. One that says she will destroy you with her words if you fuck up. But that's the thing. He didn't fuck up. All he did was love her. Unconditionally. And he was the one with his heart broken.

Stop staring at her you idiot! Say something.

"Hello Riya." Yeah cool. No incentive or hint that I want to talk more. I do but she shouldn't know that.

"How are you? You look very" Fucking hot, "nice."

"Thanks. And I am well." He wanted to leave. Pretty much like Mahira did. Maybe I should go walk my fish? Nah.