Six

Naina bid her goodbye to her date. She didn't want to lead it any further and she made that clear. Mihir seems like a nice guy. He respected her decision and they parted ways. Naina was about to leave but her eyes caught something. A little puppy was playing around. She loved animals more than anything. She went towards it but he ran away from her. Her mood soured when she saw it walking towards the road.

Oh shit! Road. Cars.

The puppy was stuck on that stupid road and people just drove around like he was invisible. She picked up the little puppy who was too scared to move on the road and before anything could happen with the car coming towards them, someone pulled her away.

Green. Angry Green eyes glared down at her. Sahil might not remember it, but a car accident took half of his family away from him. And this girl here willingly stood infront of a car. Idiot. "What were you doing?!" Naina flinched.

"Are you crazy?! Who the fuck willingly stands infront of a moving car?! Aur ab chup kyu ho, bolo?!"

She whimpered a little. Scared. And the little furball in her hands snuggled closer to her as well. That's when Sahil noticed it. And that's when he pieced the whole thing together. He sighed. "I'm sorry. I just got....." scared.

He didn't voice it out. He didn't have to. People knew that the Kapoors lost their parents in a car accident. They didn't know much but everyone knew the main thing. Naina knew it as well. She felt guilty. But she couldn't move on just after watching a dog struggle on the road.

"Sorry. I wasn't paying attention. But thank you." He simply nodded. That's when she narrowed her eyes at him. And he pulled back a little. Defensive.

"What are you doing here sir?"

Fuck!

"Ahhhh......... I wanted to eat lunch."

"Right where I came for my date?" His fists clenched, his jaw locked. Date. Huh.

"How was your date?"

"Fine." She grumbled. Nothing has ever made him happier. Nothing. She didn't look very pleased with her date and he has never known peace any better.

"Good. I mean OK. So, now, do you want me to drop you home?" She looked up at him, and then down at the puppy. She needs to find it's mother. It's too small to be left alone. He understood her expression and they both spent the next hour looking for it's mother. Well she did. He just followed her so she doesn't hurt herself or others. After asking around, they were told that the puppy was abandoned by some person. It wasn't just a street dog.

People are so heartless.

Sahil looked at Naina who was giving him her best puppy eyes and then there was the puppy.

Oh bloody hell!

"No! I can't keep him."

"But why? I already have 2 and they're hostile. I would've kept it otherwise. Don't you like it? Look him in the eyes and tell him you can't keep him." She forwarded the dog like a tribute and Sahil looked at it. It's so bloody cute. Both of them are so bloody cute. He blew out air from his mouth, huffed, even groaned into his hand but didn't say he can't keep it. He might not have the time to stick by it but his siblings would love it. Hell, his dadi loved dogs. Someone or the other would be there to take care of him.

"Fine." Naina squealed. "Cute little doggy, say hello to your brand new father."

"And what are you? The mother? You pretty much found it." She finally looked away from the dog. And at him. None of them said anything after that. Awkward. He dropped her home, and then bought some basic supplies for the dog. He is too young to eat so Sahil will have to feed him from a bottle.