Twenty seven

Two years later

Naina was wrapping her gift when the main door opened. She turned to the clock and frowned, it was just two in the afternoon. Pluto was lying in her feet but he got up and ran at the sound of footsteps.

Sahil crouched down to pet both Pluto and Mac as the dogs have ran to him. Cheese was asleep on the couch. She looked up, saw him and fell back asleep. He stood up and found Naina walking towards him. "You're early."

"I thought it will make you happy? It's our anniversary." Sahil and Naina had also had a court marriage, much like his other two brothers. Seems like the Kapoor men are all supporters of budget friendly weddings. It was pretty much the last time the whole family was together before everyone went their separate ways. They got married a couple days before Sagar left for New York. And today marks their second anniversary.

"I know and I am happy to see you back early. I am just surprised. You said you'll come early in the evening, I just didn't think you'll show up in the afternoon. But it's good. Welcome back." She walked forward and pecked his lips. Her dress flowing in the warm Delhi air that was coming through the open windows. They shifted to Delhi and Sahil bought a house where he could start a new life with Naina. They lived in the mansion for a few days after their wedding but that house seemed empty with everyone gone. He knows he betrayed his bhaiya by leaving too but they all needed it.

"I got you a present." He went towards the door opened it and pulled in a cardboard box. It had tiny little holes and Naina got a slight idea of what it was. Sahil opened the box and pulled out the tiniest and the most adorable kitten ever. She was smaller than his hand. "Someone left her on the side of the street so I gave her to a shelter. But then I thought you will love her more than anyone else, so I adopted her." Naina walked closer and took the little kitten in her arms. "Does she have a name?"

"People at the shelter called her Lucy." Naina introduced the kitten to her two very enthusiastic dogs and a very hostile cat. Cheese hissed at the kitten and ran up the stairs. Naina sighed and Sahil sat down on the couch. "She'll come around. She always does to new additions in the family. She loves Pluto now."

Naina kept the kitten on the carpet to let the little girl sniff and explore her new home. She then went to the kitchen and brought out the box she wrapped. "I got you a present too." She forwarded him the box, but rather than taking the box, he took her arm and pulled her in his lap. She adjusted herself as she straddled him and forwarded the box again.

Sahil took it and tore the brown paper wrap. He opened the box to a lot of paper, he had to dig his gift out of it. Naina waited for his reaction as he looked at his present. It was a beautiful watch. She loved gifting him watches since he collects them. He found a handwritten note inside and he opened to read it. He read the letter and looked at her. She poured her heart into it. Just like every other time she has written him a note. Mostly on his birthdays or their first anniversary.

He kept his gift aside and pulled his wife closer. "We are having a baby?" Naina smiled and nodded at him. "We are having a baby." Sahil smiled. He pulled her closer and kissed her. Their life has been fine in Delhi. They had a good house, cute pets and each other. And now they'll have a child. Life has been kind to Naina since she met him.

"You've given me the best gift ever. Thank you so much flower."

"No Sahil, thank you. You've given me more than I ever expected. You've given me a family. And I love you so much."

"I love you too flower. I really am so hap-" the doorbell rang and made Sahil groan. He put Naina down on the couch and opened the door. His mood soured even more when he saw who was at the door. It was their neighbor. Much to Sahil's annoyance, this guy here never missed a chance to hit on his wife and he didn't seem to take a hint.

"What do you want?" The boy tried peeking inside the house but Sahil blocked the view with his body. "Where is Naina?" Sahil clenched his jaw. "She left."

"What? Where? And why?"

"She got tired of your bullshit, packed her stuff and left. She said she will come back when you're gone."

"She actually said that?" Sahil nodded. "But gone where?" Sahil rolled his eyes. He does the alot near this guy. "To hell, you idiot. Now get lost."

"I think you're lying. You're trying to stop me from meeting her. You can't do that. I am her favorite person in this neighborhood." Naina ran to Sahil and held his arm to pull him away from the donkey who did not like his life apparently. The boy saw her and smiled. But before he could talk Sahil banged the door shut in his face.

"I'll get a fucking restraining order, if he shows up here again." Naina nodded her head at him. Agreeing with whatever he wants is the best way to calm him down. "And I need to fuck you." She nodded her head again without listening. He picked her up and she realized what he said. "Put me down Sahil."

"Absolutely not. You won't even have to walk from now on." He dropped her on the bed and got on top of her. He kissed her neck and went on lower. He pulled her dress till above her stomach and kissed it too. A little too long. He couldn't wait to hold their child.

"Thank you so much Naina. Happy anniversary."

                              🦋

Epilogue is next. The story is going to end tomorrow, along with the year.

What did you guys think? Please tell me.

See ya🦋