Friday 9.12

555 words

I followed him into what seemed to be the kitchen.

The colours here matched the one in the hallway. The furniture too, but it was also sparely decorated. "So, like you can see: My kitchen. Nothing special." He said and opened the fridge. "Yeah, but you also just moved in." He shrugged. "I have some beers left from when Hermione, Pansy, Ron and Blaise visited. Do you want one?" "Sure" I answered and he gave me one.

He went through the door that led into the hallway and I followed him again. "So...-" Harry opened the door on the other side when his phone started to ring. "Sorry, I have to take this call. You can go in the living room if you want." He mumbled before picking up the call.

"No problem." I mouthed and went in his living room. I looked around.

White walls except for a dark brown accent wall, also furniture made out of light wood, a beige linen sofa in front of it was a 'black mirror'?

It was hung up on the wall, had a black frame and a little light on the bottom of it. The thing was like a mirror but with black glas or a screen? Maybe it was an extravagant peace of art? -Wierd...-

I still didn't understand the muggle inventions. I bet this was one of it. It had took me ages to understand how a smart phone worked. Blaise had to tell me that it wasn't magic or creatures put in it. It was called 'technology'. I felt like a retiree when they talked about the latest apps.

But 'digital alarm clocks' still freaked me out. 

Blaise had one of these at home and when I was there one day it suddenly started to make a horrible sound. And that in the morning! At 5 am!

Magic still made more sense to me than these muggle 'machines'

I sat down on the couch and took a sip of my beer. -Who the hell could call Harry this late?-

I now heard him groan. It seemed like he had ended the call now. -Well, that was what I was hoping...- He opened the living room door and looked a bit pissed bit tried to smile at me. "Sorry...I-""Girlfriend?" I asked before he could finish. -And great! Now he was laughing-

"What?" I asked. "I'm-...sorry!" He was still laughing. "I-" he took a deep breath and smiled his crooked smile.

"I'm not attracted to women." 

My brain stopped working for a sec and I just stared at him opened mouthed. He smiled at me and raised an eyebrow. I closed my mouth "Er- sorry." 

A second of silence. And then the words blurted out my mouth.

"Wait- That means I- You could- I mean-... Great?!" I had to laugh at myself. "Thanks?" He responded.

"How come?" I asked and he shrugged and took a sip out of his bottle. "Well, I guess my first Therapist in France was kind of my gay awakening. But I label myself Uranic." I also took a sip. "Your first Therapist?"

He cleared his throat. "Being in a relationship with your therapist is not a really healthy relationship..." I laughed but then quickly covered my mouth. "Sorry." I whispered.

"It's fine. When I think back, I'm amused by it too. By the way, that was my boss on the telephone... well my client." 

"So late?!"