|^~ Choose Me Aoi-chan! ~^|

Heya babes, sorry for the depression n stuff 💗

*Narrator's POV*

Akane stood there, shocked. Or was it just heartbreak? He couldn't tell, and he didn't care. All he felt was pure rage and hatred for Akuia.

"Heyyy, Aka, buddy!" It was once again him.

"Oh, hey Akuia."

"Something wrong? You look a little-"

"I'm fine, Akuia. I see Aoi is well-accompanied, so I'm going to leave now.

As he walked out of the building (Gakuen had to head home for he had relatives coming over) he saw it had gotten colder, and it looked as if it might rain, or perhaps snow.

Randomly, he decided to take out his phone to message Yamabuki, wondering if his best friend might have advice or help for his feelings.

Lemongrab

Hey, think u could talk?

Lemongrab: Sure, want me to pick u up? Ur at the hospital r8?

Mhm

Lemongrab: kk, be there in a few :D

As Akane waited in the rain,  it steadily increasing in cold, the feeling spread throughout his heart. For some reason, the voices in his head stopped altogether, disappearing with his emotion from what seemed like forever ago of excitement.

"Hey, I'm here. I knew something had probably gone wrong because you always use punctuation in your texts like a nerd, so what's up?"

He had arrived. Just as he had in middle school, when he was forced into a group project with him.

"Her." Was the only word he managed to get out before he collapsed into his waiting hug. He was taller than him, he had just noticed. The tiniest bit, but still a big difference. He took him into a warm hug, shielding him from the cold rain, from the cold world.

"C'mon, weirdo, let's get in the car. It's warmer there."

He obliged, and followed his friend. The rain was practically pouring when they got into the car.

"Okay, anything else? Or should we just go to your place?"

"I'll just- I'll just tell you as we drive home, okay?"

Yamabuki nodded, and started the car up, as he drove the pair home, Akane repeated the events from the day, describing every last detail.

"Well, usually I would just say these things happen dude," Yamabuki sighed, turning on the seat warmers, "But that's not true in this case. Akuia probably knows how big of a crush you have on her."

"And Akuia-kun," he said, "enjoys ruining lives. He does it frequently, and usually no one pays him mind about it."

Another sigh, then a slight pause.

"Thats why you gotta be confident my man. No one could ever like someone as idiotic as him, especially not Aoi."

Akane halfly felt reassured by this, and he let out an exhale, feeling better. Still, somehow, he felt bad. Aoi had laughed, hugged, held hands with him. Sure, friends do that stuff, but he could feel something. As the raindrops fell, Yamabuki turned on music (SPECIFICALLY MELANIE MARTINEZ'S K-12 ALBUM YESSSS) so the silence wouldn't be as awkward.

(Aoi's POV) (still at the hospital)

I regret even speaking a word towards Akuia, but I had to keep up my role as sweet, loveable, pretty popular girl. He's an ugly fuck, one might say, but I'll deal with it. I'd much rather hang out with Akane, or at least Teru, and Yashiro, but Akuia can go swan dive for all I care.

"Heyyy, Aoi. Do you, say, like anyone?" He's still here. He's also still buttfuck ugly and annoying.

"As a matter of fact, I do. I do indeed." I smiled, wanting very much to punch him, or perhaps stomp his foot.

"Would you maybe mind," Akuia smirked, lifting Aoi's head up to face him with a finger, "telling me who they are?"

"Why," I said, sugarcoating my voice, "of course. His name starts with an A, and the next letter is a K."

Akuia grinned, smirking as well, thinking it was definitely him.

"Ah, it must be me, no?" Akuia laughed, "I hope we can get you out of here soon so I can see how good you are at cooking, yes."

Hmm, what a shame. Another woman hater.

"Maybe, Akuia," I whispered in his ear, leaning close.

"Maybe you should..." Slowly, I moved my hand downwards and touched his hand.

"Get a fucking grip on reality."

Smack.