twenty-seven

Boston~
Two months Later...

"What if you just don't go?" Olivia asks, running her hand down my chest.

"What if you just come with me?" I question. She shakes her head at me.

"You know I would in an instant." She confesses. I don't need her to tell me that to know it's true.

"I know baby," I softly say, placing a hand on her cheek. "You know if you need anything though, you can call, and Greyson is also just a call away." I remind Olivia. She frowns at me.

"I know," The sadness in her tone hurts me somewhere deep.

"It's just a week. I'll be back before you know it." I kiss her cheek; the skin touching my lips is hot.

"Be safe?"

"Of course. And we're going on a nice date once I get back, and you get better." I mention, taking one last look at her.

"I'm not that sick." Olivia claims, though the late nights of sleeping in the bathroom would argue otherwise.

"Whatever you say sweetheart." I chuckle.

"Fuck you."

"Already did."

~~~~~

The drive to the airport feels longer today. I'm not sure what it is.

Maybe it's the fact that I haven't flown anywhere in three years, or that I'm leaving my best friend, my soulmate, home alone while she's sick.

The closer I get to the airport, the guiltier I feel. She should be coming with me I think to myself. I shouldn't leave her home alone when she's sick. My mind races of all the outcomes me leaving could have.

I know that I'm just overthinking, but I couldn't begin to imagine what I would do if something happened to Olivia, and I wouldn't be able to get there quick enough.

It makes me anxious, knowing that I won't be here to protect Olivia. I'm not saying she's incapable of protecting herself, but her being alone for an entire week, sick, haunts me. I'm afraid of the worst.

As I find a parking spot at the airport, the only thing I can think is only one week. Seven days, and she'll be back in my arms.