sixteen

Greyson~
Two weeks later...

It hurts to see her go. I knew one day it would happen, but never this soon.

Knowing she's happy, brings some comfort, but when it's with him; God when she's happy with Boston it tears me apart inside. Because that could have been me.

She doesn't even know. And at this point, I don't think she needs to know. She'll be better off not knowing.

"So, I guess this is goodbye," I hesitantly say, she refuses any eye contact. Boston steps out of Olivia's former office, holding a box.

"Don't say that."

"What?"

"This isn't goodbye. It's a 'see you later'. I'm not giving up on a friendship with you Greyson." She tells me, Boston wrapping an arm around her hip.

"I don't think that's good for anyone," I confess.

"Greyson,"

"Olivia. Please, just trust me on this one."

Boston shoots a look at me. I know exactly what he's thinking. I shake my head no, but now he's insisting and I'm preparing myself for what is about to happen.

"Why?" She asks, and I know that her whole world is about to come crashing down. How she'll react is beyond me, and I truthfully don't want to find out.

"While you were gone," Boston starts, gently grasping her hand. "We found something, pretty important, out."

"Boston,"

"I just need you to listen to me for a minute." He interrupts. The tension filling the air irritates me. She nods her head.

"Boston and I are, brothers." I confess. I cant tell if she's getting ready to laugh, or if she's simply processing.

"Oh god," She mutters, the entire world stops.

She stands there stunned, for nearly three minutes. Nothing comes from her mouth. No words, no noises. She doesn't even move.

"Can you guys just, uh, stand next to each other for a minute." She awkwardly asks. Boston and I stand side by side, as she looks back and forth between us.

"Holy fuck," Olivia kind of chuckles. "You share the same dad," She says, which makes Boston smile a bit.

"Yeah,"

"You both look just like him." She claims, running a finger down Bostons nose. He smiles. It makes me physically sick.

"Unfortunately," I find myself saying.

"This is fucking crazy," She softly laughs. "But also so fucking cool," Boston shakes his head.

Then, and only then, does Olivia say; "This," She points between her and Boston, "This isn't going to complicate things, right?" The tears welling in her eyes break something in me that I didn't even know was there.

"Of course not Honey. Of course not." Boston reassures her, and I'm not sure if I agree, but I have to. Whatever happens between Boston and I, is only going to be between us. Olivia deserves to be happy, and she's happy with him.

Of course it hurts to say, and realizing it hurts more, but I had to know this was going to happen. How could I not see this coming?

I allow myself to nod my head, hoping that it's enough. Thankfully, it is.

We stand outside of the bare office, for an uncomfortably long time, not saying anything. Boston is first to break the silence.

"We should probably get going," He mentions, completely disregarding that I was ever there at all. Olivia softly nods her head, allowing him to lead her down the hall.

I watch as they disappear, my heart hurts more and more the further she's gets.

And I know that she said this isn't a forever goodbye, but God it feels like one. I will never forgive myself for letting her go.

Never.