thirty-one

Olivia~
A month Later...

There's no other word to describe how I feel right now, and that word, is confused.

Boston has been acting strange for the past three days, and it's really starting to stress me out. I'm worried that he may be getting sick.

As I walk down the hall, dressed in a white sundress, Boston sips on what I assume is an alcoholic beverage.

"Fuck me," He grumbles, pulling me in by my
waist, planting a kiss on my lips.

"You like what you see?" I smirk, twirling around.

"Like? No I love what I see. How'd I get so lucky?" He questions, handing me my purse.

"I was thinking the same thing." I tell him.

He leads me out to his car, and taps his fingers on the steering wheel.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"It's a surprise."

"I hate surprises." I tell him. He sighs.

"I know you do. Don't worry, you're going to love it."

"Boston, if you take me to see a horror movie, I am breaking up with you. I'm not kidding." I sternly say, but it's impossible to sound intimidating when there's a smile on my lips.

"Our relationship will last another day!" He happily claims, placing a hand on my thigh.

I watch out of the window, the evergreen trees grow in population by the minute, the air gets colder.

Boston stops driving, seemingly in the middle of nowhere, and helps me out of the car. He leads my down a short path to a lake. The dock is covered in candles, white rose petals, and a singular bottle of champagne. I can't help but smile.

"You warm enough?" He asks me, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. I nod my head yes, taking in the calm of the lake.

"I've never seen anything more beautiful than this." I confess. Boston looks down at me.

"I have," He softly says. "It's you."

"You're the sweetest." I tell him, kissing his jawline.

I pull away from him, walking over to the other end of the dock, trying to get a closer look at one of the trees. It's greener than any of the other ones.

When I turn back around, I can believe my eyes.

Boston down on one knee, a small box in hand, with a beautiful emerald engagement ring. My eyes flood with tears; they burn in my eyes.

"Olivia," He smiles at me. "I love you. More than I thought I could love someone. I want this love to last forever. So, would you make me the happiest man alive, and marry me?" He softly questions. I mutter a yes through the tears, as he slips the ring on my finger. I cry harder, realizing just how similar it looks to my mothers.

"I love you," He tells me, pulling me into a hug.