Chapter 4: Freaky Friday, Even Though It's Tuesday

I toss over to my left side and resumed sleeping, or at least I tried. A piercing beam of light rested on my eyelids, I opened them and stared at the man in front of me. My husband. His beautiful face was at ease and his breath remained the least bit shallow.

I am truly in love with this man. I lift my hand and slowly stroked the flesh of his cheek, no reaction to our skin touching for he was dead asleep. He's all mine, just as I'm all his for the taking I thought. Well, that's not the only thing I thought about. How about I start the day with a bit of cosmetology practice?

I slowly turn to my right side and faced my nightstand, I gently pull on the handle and opened the drawer. After pulling out my red lipstick, I return to my left side and Kai was still sound asleep. I take the cap off then scooted closer to his face, his breath gently brushing against the knuckles of my fingers.

I paint his top lip with the red stick and slowly moved to the bottom, I'm surprised at how well it's staying to his skin with just one stroke on his lip and not multiple. The way his head was set on the pillow made it a little difficult to get the bottom lip right, I scoot down a bit then looked up at his almost fully painted lips. I end up pushing a  little too hard which results in Kai pulling out of his sleep, before he opens his eyes, I toss the lipstick behind me and then remained at ease. His eyes lazily open then met mine, "Goodmorning," I innocently smiled. "Good morning. Last night was something else", "Yeah, it was so good I don't even remember how we got into bed" I giggled.

"Yeah, you think the others made it back okay?" He asks, "I hope so, the last thing I want is for Volodya to be playing with some random flour she finds on the ground". Kai pulls the covers off his body and places his feet on the ground, I watch as he got up and walked around the bed, trailing my eyes down his muscular back.

He walks to the bathroom but leaves the door open, he looks in the mirror then reaches for his toothbrush but double takes back to the mirror. He looks at me with a look of annoyance on his face, "That'll be seven dollars, I take cash app and Venmo" I giggled.

"Baby, come on. It's not funny" he say, "Lighten up, you're lucky I decided not to use the waterproof one," I stated. Suddenly the door opens, and Volodya skips on her tiny feet to my side. "Goodmorning" I sang as I hugged her petite body, "Goodmorning mommy! look what I've got", Volodya holds up a paper with a drawing and says "It's a picture of our family for Daddy's birthday present. I wanted to give it to him yesterday but you guys weren't here".

"Oh, we're sorry princess. We just got a bit caught up with something" Kai says before winking at me, "Daddy, why are you wearing lipstick?" Volodya asks, "Because mommy thought it'd be funny, but quite frankly no one is laughing". "A win is a win" I shrugged, I look at the illustration and try to decipher who was who. "Is that supposed to be Armani?", "Uh-huh, and that's you right there" she points out, "That's great sweety, but who's that woman on the far right?" I ask.

"Oh, that's my new friend...Analia"

I look at Kai to see him frozen in his tracks, holding a rag. He slowly turns his head to look at us before asking "Did she just say Analia?", "She did. V, how do you know this name?" I question. "She told me last night, in my dreams" V replied, her head dangling down as she toyed with her fingers, "Who's to say she's not here right now" Kai uttered.

"I'll go sweep the house, both of you stay here," I reach under the bed and grabbed a gun, "No, let me do" Kai volunteers. "What? is it because I'm a girl?" I assume, "No, I didn't mean it like a gender thing-", "Kai, I'm just fucking with you, I'm still going either way". "Ha, fucking with you" Volodya repeats, "Sweety don't take after your mother and use dire language," Kai tells V. "Okay,". I get up off the bed and walked through the door, with my gun pointed to the floor, I gradually walked up the hallway and towards the stairs. The rooms were empty and the house remained silent. I walk down the marble stairs and hid behind the small wall by the kitchen.