Chapter 13: Kush Cruise

"Why should we trust you?" I question,
"For one I'm not the one who damned everything to hell by opening its literal gates, two I'm not going back out there with that herd of every nightmare ever dreamed, and three-".
"Listen, man. We're all for helping people but considering what's going on, we can't trust you to not be what you say you're not so leave the way you came," Kai says,
"Fine, I'll just let myself in," Aitch says before suddenly disappearing.
"What the",
"Wow, cool couch," he says.
Kai and I turn around and see Aitch spread out on our furniture,
"Hey! What the hell did I just say? Get out!" Kai shouts.

"What's going on?" Leslie asks,
the others come walking out of the kitchen and into the living room holding the intruder.
"This generic Houdini just put his unwelcomed ass in our home," I say,
"Now that's just disrespectful, Houdini could never be on the level of intellect and awesomeness that I am. And hey, I do real magic," Aitch says.
"Who gives a shit! Get out, you're getting on my goddamn nerves," I shout,
"Okay I'll leave, but only if you can catch me," he replies before disappearing again.

"Anybody see him?" Leslie asks,
"Yoohoo, up here,", we all look to the balcony where Aitch stands waving down at us.
"Okay. You wanna play games Aitch? Then let's play, Clariid!" I cast, I ended up right beside Aitch and as I was about to grab him, he teleports again.
"Damn it! where'd he go?" I ask,
"Over here," Luke says. He grabs Aitch who was standing by his side in the kitchen but Aitch turns into thin, black smoke and slips away.

"Whoever catches him first I'll grant temporary magic," I say,
"Okay bet," Marcy says. We all go our separate ways throughout the house to catch our golden snitch, Leslie manages to find him, but he slips out of her fingers. The same thing happens to all of us and at this point he's making a fool of us, making us chase our tails.

"Gotcha," I put Aitch in a chokehold, but he vanishes out of my hold. Before he did, he used his hand to scratch my arm which made me notice that he had symbols tattooed under his knuckles. If my guess is right, that is how he's getting from place to place. Aitch reappears on the balcony above me and says with a laugh,
"Are all of you stupid or what?".
Leslie, Marcy, Armani, and Kai walk into the living room and to my side heaving,
"This guy's really starting to piss me off," Kai says.

"Oh, but I'm having so much fun!" While Aitch is looking down at us and flapping his gums, he fails to take notice that one of us is missing, Luke. Luke comes up behind him, holding one of the shovels used to bury Volodya just hours ago.
"I'm here to help you guys, this little game of mine is just to test your patience and I've got to say. You all are failing miserably-"
*Wham*
Luke hits Aitch in the back of the head and he falls to our level, landing on his face.
"Man that felt good," Luke says, "Ava, I believe you owe me a little magic",".

"And that you shall get Later. F now, let's tie him up, I need to examine his hands," I say, Kai and Armani hoist Aitch's body from the floor while Luke when and gets a rope and a chair from the kitchen. After they were done, we sat around and waited for Aitch to regain consciousness.
"No, he made us run around in circles for what, 10 minutes for fucking fun," Armani says,
"Yeah, but we could use all the help we can get right now. He'll be more than willing to do so when I break the news to him," I say.

Aitch lets out a groan while slowly lifting his head,
"Ah, damn,". He looks around and immediately tries to get up with panic on his face at the sight of us around him.
"Woah there buckaroo, you might wanna listen to what we got to say before you take off,",
"Sure, I'll stay as long as you want as long as you're the one talking doll face," Aitch says.

Kai looks at him bitterly for his comment towards me then Aitch says,
"Oh, don't worry big boy, I'm just teasing. I'm more into levers than buttons if you catch my drift," looking Kai up and down.
"Watch it," I warn, "Look at your wrists,".
Aitch looks down at the gold cuffs around his wrist and asks, "What the bloody hell is this?".

"I figured out how you were able to weasel your way around the house, by using the spell tattooed on your knuckles. And those my friend are explosive cuffs that I can detonate whenever, no matter how far you are,",
"Oh come on, there's no need for this. I was going to hell you guys anyway," he says.
"Yeah, sure. How?" Luke asks,
"By using what's in my pocket,".

I hesitantly reach into Aitch's pocket and pull out a small plastic bag that has a few white, rolled-up papers in it.
"Are those joints?" Leslie asks taking the bag,
"How the fuck is that gonna help us?" Armani asks.
"Those aren't just any joints, they're cosmic," He answers,
"That's what every stoner says," I say.

"But it's true, using this we can talk to the Neon and maybe he can help us,",
"Who is he?".
"All knowing — he's everywhere and nowhere, he's probably the only one who knows how to end this mess," Aitch replies,
"All I'm hearing is probably and maybe so how can we be certain that this is worth our time?" Kai asks.

"Take a chance, it's not like any of you have a better plan. All you gotta do is put the fire to the spliff- "
"And smoke away fi release" Leslie joined.

"Fine, but you're coming with us. Untie him, but if you try to run then no more David Copperfield for you,",
"Right,".

As Luke unbinds Aitch from the chair, we hear the short resonance of magic leading me to look by the door where Analia now stands.

"Wow, you kinky motherfuckers really know how to get it done," she says,
"Great timing, as of right now I trust you a little more than I do Aitch so I'm gonna need you to watch over our bodies while we're baked," I say.
"Say less, but first I have some business to attend to with the lemon vodka in your fridge," She replies walking away.
"Well you're all about trusting today aren't you, first Aitch now her?" Kai says,
"Well trusting seems like all we can do right now so suck it up,".

Rubbing his sore wrists, Aitch gets up and asks
"Who's the babe in the kitchen?".
"The daughter of the guy we're trying to kill, why?" I question,
"What do you mean why? Look at her, I can feel her hotness and badassery radiating off of her from here,".
"I thought you said you were gay," I say,
"Not when you have a fox like that walking around here, goddamn," Aitch expresses, eyeing Analia as she guzzles down the liquid like water.
"Plus I have a thing for evil, busty women in black leather," he adds,
"I doubt she'll be interested so come on,".

We gather on the couch and distribute the joints amongst each other before taking turns passing the lighter, a single puff from the joint leaves Armani coughing.
"Shit, what the *coff coff* fuck is in this?" He asks,
"Hell if I know, I traded a good soul for these so they better be good," Aitch replies.

I lay back and allow for the effects to take control, my body slowly calms down from my shoulders to my fingers where the joint falls from and to the floor.
Pulling me into the unknown destination where this Neon person is supposed to be.