Part 3

"bhai.. atleast you  could have told us about the resigning thing.. that you are stepping down from the white ball captaincy.. didn't you trust us that much.. ha bhai??"

Rohit said as they got seated after watching the whole news on how Mahi had resigned and Virat was the captain now... he sure was happy for his best friend but he was equally sad on his bhai not being the captain anymore...

"Rohit its not about trust... its just I felt it was the right time... so I did it.."

Mahi said softly seeing their sad faces...

"But bhai... who will take review now.. you used to take review even when we are not sure... that assurance and confidence you give us behind the stump... we never say it but it means so much to us... now it would feel different..."

Kuldeep said being sad about that...

Mahi ruffled Kuldeep's hair as he clinged to him...

"Ha bhai... 'tilli idhar dal thoda' aise kon bolega.."

Yuzi said whining unlike his nature making everyone chuckle at the childish avatar of his....

Everyone was trying to convince Mahi with one reason or the other... complaining to him about how they feel.... but there was one person who was silent throughout... didnt even speak a word... it was Virat....!!!.. whereas Mahi expected a mountain of complaints from him... hours of whining and what not... but nothing of that sort was happening... was it true?? did his cheeku really wanted it ?? He wanted it so much that he is happy now?? For the first time Mahi could not read his expressions.... it was blank... there was NO emotion in it!!!

"Vi... say something na... why are you silent??"

Rohit said seeing him silent all the while as they were talking to Mahi bhai...

"There is nothing to say Ro... we knew this was gonna come... sooner the better... right?? Why so much discussion then?? Everyone knew it... even in last press conference same questions were asked... so doesn't make much of difference right....you all are just discussing over a pointless topic... it was high time!! So it had happened.... big deal...."

Everyone in the team looked shockingly at him... they were shocked to hear that from Virat... most of all from Mahi's cheeku....

Mahi didn't know how to reach or feel at that moment... he was numb... he didn't want to believe all this... he literally want to shut his ears... so that this doesn't reach to him... but unfortunately it did.....

"So if all this is over... I think we should go to practice sessions... we have a match tomorrow and this discussion over how much each one of you is gonna miss MS, the captain... can happen afterwards... you all have whole evening and night for that.... but now in afternoon the practice is important.... so everyone kindly head towards the session...."

Juniors were looking at Virat having a dead stern look on his face which made them move towards the practice session....

"Virat.... what the hell are you even speaking??? MS you called Mahi bhai MS.... are you out of your mind??"

Jaddu yelled as soon as Juniors got out of the room...

"Mind lowering your voice.... I am not deaf... I know what I just said... if you are having difficulty in accepting it... I cant do anything about it... my job is not to clear everyone's perception about me or my words or to console you here about the captaincy.... so you know what... just cut it...."

Virat said just shrugging his shoulders...

everyone including Mahi were literally rooted on their places... to see him like that... it seemed he was someone else... not their Vi and definitely not Mahi's Cheeku...

Rohit looked at Mahi... for the second time he was seeing a broken look on Mahi's face... first time he had seen at the time of test retirement...

"Mahi bhai... room mai chale..."

Rohit asked softly and they passed by Virat who was standing with... "I dont care" look... and it was just breaking Mahi's heart bit by bit....

Everyone left from there... Rohit took Mahi in the room and made him have some water....ohters left those two alone.. because after Virat it was Rohit who was extremely close to Mahi...

"Mahi bhai... say something please.."

Ro requested seeing him so silent... it was not a good sign... it meant that he is suppressing his feelings...

"Ro... leave me alone for sometime..."

"Nahi bhai... i am not gonna leave you alone for a min... no matter what happens.. please bhai talk to me.. I know I am not your Cheeku but I am your Ro na... you can tell me whatever you feel... please bhai don't keep it inside.... please share it with me... I know hearing that from Virat has hurt you a lot... and I can understand how you must be feeling.... but please bhai aise chup mat raho... please..."

Mahi looked at Rohit... his first kiddo... who made him feel the big brother feelings... how does it feel to be a big brother... how does it feel when someone looks upto you with that trust and love... with that adoration... with that secured feeling... how Mahi bhai will always be there to protect him... he couldn't help today but feel loved by Rohit...

"Ro... I will share... I will pakka share with you only... who will understand me better than you... but for now I just want to rest for sometime... okay?"

Mahi said cupping his cheeks as Rohit was kneeling infront of him...

"Okay... I will meet you after practice session..."

"Yes and do tell Chee... umm ... Virat that I wont be attending today's practice session... I need sometime to process all this..."

Rohit felt bad hearing that... hearing that low voice of his bhai... this idiot Virat... I am not gonna spare him for this... pata nahi kya chal raha hai uske dimag mai.... sure this is some idiotic... martyr thing he would be doing.... but what if it is true!! No no ... Vi can never do this to bhai specially... he has to find out....

"Take rest bhai... dont worry about that..."

Rohit said softly and left the room...

Mahi just kept staring the ceiling... and was thinking what had just happened... did he really heard all this things from his Cheeku!!!

Why Cheeku??? Why did you say all this??

__________

Here is the next chapter, I hope you all like it... drop your comments and reactions on this please... it is taking too much effort on my part... one reaction and comment makes me happy... was it emotional as it was for me?

Na_vami here is the update!!! I hope you like it!!