Part 9

Virat went to the team room after reading everything. He didn't know how to move further with this information. He needed a plan and a full proof plan.

"Finally, Virat is here", the coach said breaking his thoughts.

Virat looked up and saw everyone looking at him. He went and sat beside the coach.

Rishabh hesitantly asked, "How are you now bhaiya?"

"I am fine now", Virat said.

"okay so-- as we know now I can't play the next match due to this hand injury as the wound is very deep. I am not able to hold the bat so Rohit will be leading the team. Rohit you can begin the plans for the next match", Virat informed.

Rohit acknowledged that and they began discussing the strategy and plans.

Team doctor was also present who was changing dressing of Virat's hand.

Mahi looked at the wound and it was more swelled now. But the surprising thing was Virat was not looking in pain. He was too lost to even notice that the dressing was over.

"What has happened to him?", Mahi thought.

"Virat the dressing is done. Don't put pressure on it", doctor advised and then left from there.

Virat sat there thinking what was he gonna do to expose this person and ensure that no harm reaches Mahi bhai. How will he do it?

"Virat bhai meeting is over, we are heading for practice sessions. Are you coming?", Jassi asked.

Virat looked up and saw everyone was looking at him for answer.

"No actually i feel tired, i should rest in my room", Virat said and left.

That had got Mahi in thinking..

_

"Bhai nhi pls.. I will not stay in room. Atleast practice dekhne toh jane do please", Virat whined as Mahi instructed him to rest in his room.

"Nahi Cheeku, there is no need to strain yourself. Doctor has clearly said one day rest", Mahi replied sternly.

"Doctor pagal hai bhai, usko kya pata", Virat said making faces.

"Haanji doctor ko kuch nahi aata.. mbbs ki degree toh aapne ki hai, nahi?", Mahi said sarcastically.

"Bhaiii, don't be mean to me", he whined again.

"I am not being mean.. u had fever so doctor had advised one day rest but you being the monkey is jumping all around and now u have to go to practice", Mahi said.

"Don't call me monkey.. and bhai I am not tired.. I will get bored alone in the room. If I am not going toh aap bhi mat jao.. u be with me", Virat said dragging him to bed and placing his head in his lap.

"Cheeku..", Mahi tried again.

"Bhai I can't stay alone in the room.. if I am staying then you are also.. nahi toh practice mai leke chalo.." Virat said being his stubborn self.

"Pagal bacha", Mahi said and stroked his hair lovingly.

After sometime he took Virat to see the practice session and strictly made him sit while he was pouting.

_

Mahi was brought back to present as Rohit was calling him for practice session.

Virat went in his room to check more clues.

So this person was with Mahi bhai when they were appearing for state level. But after that toh Mahi bhai went for railways. How does that person know me? And why he told me to do all this?

"Robert can you find out like if he is having any connection with me or something related to me?", Virat asked calling him because he was not able to find that out.

"I will do that and get back to you sir", Robert said and hanged up the call.

I have to be more alert on what all he is demanding from me and his actions too which can give me clue about why he is doing this? What's his motive behind it?

Because if he was with Mahi bhai then he cannot do this like he would not think to harm Mahi bhai. They may surely be friends.

Why this document is mentioning that someone from that batch had committed suicide? Was it the same person?

He tried to find out as much as he could. Eventually he got tired and slept off as he was weak still and him being careless he is.. was not taking enough care of himself.

Rohit entered Virat's room after sometime once he was back from practice sessions. He was sleeping in the centre of the bed in a diagonal position. He chuckled seeing his position, he was sleeping like a kid with his head buried in the pillow.

He was so angry on Virat for all the things as he behaved with Mahi and then behaving rudely with team sometimes. But he can't help but care towards him and feel that he is alone. He was still confused about what is right and wrong. Was Virat doing this for a reason? But what could be that?

Vi- rohit u here? When did u come?

Virat's sleep was broken and he saw Rohit there lost in thoughts.

Ro- I just came to check on you means if you need anything. As the wound is too deep as doctor told me so any help u need?

Vi- no I am okay, thanks!

Rohit had enough of that formality. So he closed the door. He went towards Virat and made him sit in front of him. He took a chair himself.

Ro- it's enough Vi! It's enough! Tell me what's going on? I know something is bothering you and so you are behaving like this. This is not you and I know it. So stop acting like a jerk because u suck at acting. U did a pretty good job till now but I have had enough of this! I can never believe that u will do anything or behave rudely with bhai just because u wanted captaincy! I can never believe that in my life. My Vi is not like that! So tell me now what is the reason u are doing this! I will help you I promise. I will not judge you.. just tell me! And I will support you!

Virat was shocked and surprised to hear that. He thought rohit didn't trust him. They didn't as he had convinced them through his act as Rohit told then what was going wrong now that Rohit was asking this. Was he not behaving right? Was he getting emotional again?

Ro- where are you lost? Speak up I am asking something! Is it something related to Mahi bhai? Are you doing it for him? Tell me Vi!

_

Hi, very short chapter I know! But it was necessary to give some info about that person! I will try to write the next a longer one! Sorry for disappointing you if I have with this update!

You will have to wait for the next update as it will be a little long!
What do u think will Virat share it with Rohit?

See u soon, happy reading!