Part 7

After dinner Rohit could not stop himself.. he took the other key of Virat's room from reception and opened the door. He was welcomed in the room by darkness. Only a small ray of light was coming through the balcony.

The room itself gave him so formal vibes unlike his Vi whose room screamed of positivity and love! But this room just screamed of darkness and loneliness as he saw Virat laying on the bed. He was sleeping in an uncomfortable position.

Rohit went towards him slowly not to wake him up as he was really light sleeper unlike him.

He made him lay down properly on his bed. He took his head and put it on pillow. He placed his stitched hand on pillow. He checked the bandage whether it was proper or not. He pulled the comforter on him and tucked him properly.

Ro- why are you doing this Vi? What have u done to yourself? If there is a reason then please share it with me.. I will help in every way I can. But please don't behave like this as if you don't know us. We have been friends for almost 9 years Vi. I know there is something else which is bothering you. Even bhai thinks like that but just the words you used he is not able to Get it out of his head.. as no one hurt him like this u know so it is really hard for him. But u know what don't worry I will make him understand.. just Please talk to me!

He caressed his hair and left the room. Virat opened his eyes and shed tears freely which he was controlling since Rohit had come into his room. He could sense his and Mahi bhai's presence in sleep too and here he was awake thinking what he was gonna do next to execute the plan when he heard door opening and he knew it would be Rohit.

Next Morning,

Virat arrived in the dining hall as he Ofcourse he couldn't give the satisfaction to that person that he was dying bit by bit.

He needed to find out who that person was and what was his relation with Mahi bhai. But how he was gonna do it.

Ro- how are you now?

His thoughts were broken by Rohit's voice. He looked up to see Rohit and Mahi bhai sitting in front of him. He was always surprised how they manage to do this. They would always be there when he was confused or lost.

Before Virat could answer his phone rang. And he left the table without saying anything. Mahi and Rohit sighed at that.

Vi- I am trying my best. You have to stop this.. stop Pressurising me!

Person- do it fast!
He said and hanged up the call.

Vi- once I get to know who you are and what's ur relation with Mahi bhai to blackmail me like this I am seriously not gonna spare you. Now u are seeing Mahi bhai's Cheeku here! But then u will face Virat Kohli and that won't be a pretty sight I promise you! I will be the death of you!

He went to his room as he couldn't face Mahi bhai again. It's just getting difficult. And moreover he had to think what he had to do to fulfil the demands of that person and also find out who that person was.

Whole day Virat just was in his room trying to contact whoever he could to get the information. one or two team members stopped by the room and he just snapped at them.. he didn't want but all this was piling up on him which was causing him to be angry and frustrated. he was angry at himself for hurting his bhai..

Next morning,

They were having their first t20 match against Australia. Virat was the captain. He received the phone call when they were about to board the bus.

"You didn't do what I said", that person said angrily.

Virat looked all around him, "how did you got to know that? team meetings are confidential"

"The point is you didnt do what I said.. so what will be the result of that.. I know MS is gonna go for a dinner plan at night with almost half of your team.. so what if--", that person repeated.

'how the hell he knows that? even i didn't know that?', virat thought..

"No no pls.. wait.. I have another way, you will see.. just give me some more time", he requested. He hated to feel helpless like this but for now he didn't have any option.

"okay, till the match ends! u have time", the person said and hanged up the call.

Virat sighed at that and got into the bus. He sat in the front single seat away from everyone. Rohit was surprised because they used to sit together every single time. he felt bad due to that..

They reached the venue and after sometime Virat went for the toss. he lost the toss.. they were batting first as Aus chose to bowl..

Rohit and Shikhar had a good partnership of 50 followed by Virat and Rohit having 50 more.. but after that wickets started to crumble.. now it was Mahi and Virat at the crease...

Virat was thinking what he has to do and how.. which kind of distracted him.. and the bouncer struck on his helmet and he stumbled on the ground..

"Virat.. are you okay?", Mahi asked removing his helmet. Physio arrived to check him and he was okay to continue. Virat could see concern in Mahi's eyes.

"U sure u can bat?" Mahi asked to which he nodded.

Virat took a deep breath.. he touched the ball with feather touch seeing the fielder.. Mahi was quickly up for a single but Virat denied which caused Mahi to run out on a duck..

Everyone including the opposition was shocked.. most shocked person was Mahi.. if it was normal situation as before they would have steal a single run very easily given the understanding they had.. but today Virat didn't respond to the call.. which was shocking to say the least..

"Bhai u okay?", rohit asked entering the dressing room as mahi was sitting there alone lost in thought..

"I can't believe he did that Ro.. I just can't--", Mahi said hurt by that action...

Before Rohit could say something everyone heard a scream in the ground.. they both ran and froze in their step seeing the scene infront of them.

______________

Here is the next update..

Do tell me how do u like by dropping your comments, suggestions if there are any.. also in-line reactions on the update..

happy reading..