Part 16

Once done with the breakfast, everyone moved to practice session.

Virat sat there watching everything as he could not practice because ofthe pain in the ribs.

"kya hua tujhe",Rohit sat beside once he was done with his net practice.

"kuch bhi nhi--", Virat began but was immediately cut off by the glare of Rohit, 'don't you dare lie' look.

Virat sighed at that,"Robert is gonna send me details about how I am involved in this whole situation. I am scared Rohit. Bhai shared with me about that guy Shekhar. And he could not bowl for like 2 years. What if his plan is that-- means to hurt me till I cannot perform. I dont know what I am speaking! this is all just too much Ro"

Rohit just put an arm around his shoulder and said softly, "Tu na itni tension mat le! Vi-- one day at a time! okay! we will deal everything together. dont you worry so much!"

"Rohit maine bhai ko bahot hurt kiya hai, he never expected this from me you know! I just can't forget that tears in his eyes when I shifted the room", Virat said looking in the direction of Mahi who was teaching Rishabh something.

Mahi's gaze met Virat's and Mahi gave him the soft smile and gestured he is coming in 10 mins.

"Vi there was a reason you did this, so stop living in that guilt", Rohit said softly seeing him emotional and guilty.

Their conversation interrupted with the call of Robert.Virat picked it up and listened to him. He now understood what was his connection with Shekhar.

"thank you so much Robert!", Virat said sincerely thanking him for his help.

He hanged up the call."What happened?", Rohit asked but before Virat could answer him coach called Rohit.

Virat looked at Mahi who was busy so he silently went in his room walking with support of wall.

He lay on his bed thinking how he was the reason somewhere. What should he do now?

"Virat, completely forgot me or what?", Shekhar said as Virat picked his call.

Virat rolled his eyes at his confidence.

"What do you want now?", Virat asked him."I want you to meet me and give me that proofs. So we can just finish this for once and all", Shekhar said.

"As if I will meet you that easily, Shekhar, Shekhar-- you don't know me yet. You made me plead and I did to save my Mahi bhai but not now. Your informer was fired and today I will release a piece of that proof which I have.. your downfall starts now! wait and watch", Virat said dangerously.

"You won't do anything like that, otherwise see what I do with Mahi", he tried to threaten him.

"I know you wont do anything like that, because if even a scratch on my Mahi bhai I am gonna give this proofs to police! And mind you don't challenge me-- you dont know at what extent I can go to protect my Mahi bhai and destroy the person who is hurting him", Virat warned him.

Shekhar hanged up the call hearing that and smashed his phone angrily because now Virat had a upper hand on him.

Virat called Robert and told him to release that piece of proof.

Once done, his whole energy felt drained with all this. He was so tired. Before he could fall on the floor two strong arms were supporting him.He was made to lay down on the bed.

"Cheeku, you okay kiddo", Mahi asked softly caressing his hair.

"Tired", Virat mumbled shifting his head in his lap.

Mahi held him and said softly, "I am here, sleep! Not going anywhere"

"hmm", Virat replied tiredly.

________

After sometime Virat woke up and saw Mahi there reading something. He smiled seeing him there.

"Kya hua aise kyu dekh raha hai?", Mahi asked keeping his book aside.

"nothing bas aise hi", Virat said checking his phone and saw the news was out.

Mahi lifted his chin up, "Kya baat hai Cheeku?"

virat took a deep breath and began nervously, "bhai aapko pata hai na ki world thinks that Shekhar committed suicide"

"ya I also thought that few days ago", Mahi said remembering not believeing Virat at that time.

"I released that proof about him being alive", Virat completed first time afraid of his reaction.

"WHAT?", Mahi asked shocked.

Virat looked down thinking he was angry on him and mumbled,"sorry"

Mahi turned on the news.

'Shekhar who was playing at state level in Ranchi is alive. There was news of him committing suicide. But we have recieved snaps from a source close to him seeing him in the city. Turns out he fabricated the suicide thing. Its also been brought to our information that he was involved in some illelgal activites.That was the reason of him fabricating the suicide. Stay tuned for more updates!'

"How did my name didnt come with him?", Mahi asked seeing that news.

Virat said in low voice,"I had specifically told Robert not to link you in this. Because anyway in the long run your name will come which we would not be able to avoid. So trying our best to avoid wherever we can"

Mahi looked at Virat who was looking down playing with the bedsheet nervously fidgeting his fingers.

Amidst the seriousness of the situation Mahi couldnt help but chuckled at his antics which were exactly like a child.

He went near him and patted on his head to which he looked up.

"Kya hua? kya soch raha hai?", Mahi asked him softly.

"Ki aap naraz toh nhi ho mere se?", He asked cutely with his puppy eye look.

Mahi asked him, "If I am upset then what will you do?"

"Kuch bhi, jo aap bologe", he said immediately.

"Kuch bhi?", Mahi asked him to which he immediately nodded.

"but-- before u say that dont things like this for you toh that can't happen! I will not listen to that", he said being stubborn to which Mahi hide his smile.

"It's not that because I know how stubborn you can be", Mahi said.

"First, you have to stop waking Ro with water", Mahi began.

Virat pouted at that, "Bhai he doesnt wake up uske bina"
Mahi shrugged at that. Virat agreed half heartedly.

"Then you have to hear Jaddu's jamnagar stories for a month", Mahi said hiding his smile.

Virat widened his eyes in shock and then understood what Mahi was doing,"aap meko tease kar rahe ho, mai baat nhi karunga aapse",he pouted puffing his cheeks.

Mahi chuckled at his expressions.

He lifted his chin towards him to which Virat didnt look up. "Itna gussa", Mahi asked.

Mahi tickled him to which Virat laughed whole heartedly.

Mahi smiled seeing that laugh as he was so tensed these days.

"Bhai bas karo.. bas.. bas.. nhi hu gussa", Virat said between laughs.

Virat cuddled to him to which Mahi patted his head. Virat was so content with this as his first step was successful.

Other side.. Shekhar was fuming in anger and also tensed due to the news got out.

His phone was ringing from media to take his interview.

He punched the boxing bag in anger. He knew what he had to do now to silent this Virat Kohli so that he does nothing else!

________

Hi, here is the next update! Do tell me how u like it by dropping ur comments.. suggestions and in-line reactions!! Happy reading!!