Chapter 2.77 - Meant to be?

*You're going back to the harbour to see if he's back on the boat but he isn't suddenly you receive a message from Pierre.*

≈≈≈≈

Pierre

"Charles went home. Just that you know."

 Y/N

"Thank you Pierre."

Pierre

"No problem."

≈≈≈≈≈

*You immediately go to his flat and knock on the door. After a few moments he's opening the door and you're just standing there starring at each other until he moves out of the door frame to let you pass him. You get inside his flat while he's closing the door and comes after you. You're standing there in the middle of his living room just starring at each other for another 2 minutes until he starts talking.*

Charles *sadly*: "What are you doing here?"

Y/N *sadly*: "I wanted to see you and talk to you."

Charles: "Y/N... I told you I need some time. You lied to me... again and you talked to Andrea although I told you I don't want you to get involved in that."

Y/N: "I know but..."

Charles: "No Y/N I thought we're finally on the same page but we obviously aren't."

Y/N: "Charles please... I love you."

*He gets closer to you and puts his hands on your hips then he's leaning his forehead on yours. You don't know why but this feels like a goodbye and not a we're good again.*

Y/N: "Charles...."

Charles: "I love you too but..."

*You can feel some tears running down your face.*

Y/N: "No please..."

*He whips away the tears.*

Charles: "I told you I need some time Y/N."

Y/N: "Please Charles..."

Charles: "Y/N don't make it harder than it already is."

Y/N: "Charles... I love you... Doesn't that mean anything."

Charles: "It means everything to me because I love you too but sometimes you have to let go of what you love the most."

Y/N: "But I don't want to."

*He strokes your cheek and gives you a little sad smile.*

Charles: "Y/N... I think it's best. For me and for you."

Y/N: "Don't throw us away when we found back to each other. Please don't do it."

Charles: "I have to because I love you and I know we're going to get into a fight again and again if we don't get to know what we really want and when we're not getting back to that point we were best friends."

Y/N: "I love you Charles Marc Herve Perceval Leclerc."

Charles *smiling*: "I love you too."

*With that he's kissing you. After the kiss he's moving away from you but his hands remain on your hip. He gives you a sad smile.*

Charles: "It's not a goodbye Y/N."

Y/N: "But it feels like it is a goodbye."

Charles: "Not at all. If we're meant to be with each other we'll find each other again and I'm sure we're meant for each other."