Chapter 2.85 - Career

Y/N *shy*: "Sorry."

?: "No problem."

*With that he's just walking away with you and without thinking you say his name.*

Y/N: "Charles."

*Just that. Just his name and he turns around to face you again but he doesn't say a word. He didn't even give you a smile. He's only standing there watching you walking towards him.*

Y/N: "Please say something."

*For a moment you think he will turn around and just walk away without saying a word, but then he proves you otherwise.*

Charles: "What Y/N? What should I say?"

Y/N: "Anything it's better than not speaking to each other."

Charles: "Y/N you've been choosing your career over Carlos and me. Yes I heard of your decision. Christian will not be happy about you talking to me today."

Y/N: "Charles it's not..."

Charles: "Come on Y/N. Just... just.. we should forget about everything we had and move on."

Y/N: "But I don't want to move on Charles. I don't want to forget about what we had. I don't want to lose you."

Charles: "You lost me with your decision to consider if you should stay at RBR and forget about your friends. I would never ever had to think about what to do next."

Y/N: "But it's not you Charles and it's not your decision. I know it's easy when you're a driver at Formula 1 but for me it's not easy I couldn't pay my rent without a job. I would have to leave to England to find a new job there."

Charles: "You always could have asked me or Arthur if you can stay at our flat until you found a new job and you know that."

Y/N: "I don't want to live with you all the time. I want my own money Charles. I don't want you to pay everything for me. I'm not that person. I want to pay on my own."

Charles: "It would just have been until you found a new job."

Y/N: "No it wouldn't and we both know Charles."

Charles: "I better leave now because if Christian sees us you'll lose your job because of a guy you wanted to get rid of anyway."

Y/N: "It's not like that Charles and you know it. You know I love you."

*Now he comes closer to you and you can see some tears in his eyes.*

Charles: "Then why did you choose your job?"

*You can't say anything and after a few seconds which felt like minutes he leaves without another word and you're standing there in front of the jewelry store where you bumped into him and you can feel the tears in your eyes.*

Y/N *whispering*: "But I haven't been choosing my job over you."

*You're standing there for a few more minutes and then you feel your phone buzzing in your pocket. You take a look at the display and you can see that it's Arthur who's calling you. You whip away your tears and pick up the call.*

Y/N: "Hey Arthur. What's up?"

Arthur: "Have you already been at the post office?"

Y/N: "No I'm on my way."

Arthur: "But you told me hours ago that you're going to the post office to send of your applications."

Y/N: "Yes I was going for a walk before I was on my way to the post office but then I bumped into Charles."

*You can hear that he's totally happy about it when he starts to talk again.*

Arthur: "So you did tell him?"