Part 3. ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

————————————————————
<3

I woke up at 11 am with a pounding headache. This mission had me on edge, and as much as I hated to admit it, I was scared. My brain tried to think positively, but there wasn't much to be optimistic about. Except, perhaps, working alongside Ghost.

Even though I didn't know him, I was curious about how he operated, how he handled difficult situations, and just generally what kind of person he was.

"You'll be okay, Y/n," I said to myself, trying to instill a sense of calm.

I climbed out of bed and slipped my feet into the soft fabric of my slippers. Walking down the hallway, I made a mental note to decorate it a bit—maybe add some paintings or a vase with flowers. It felt so plain and boring.

I shivered from the cold as I headed into the kitchen, humming a made-up tune while making toast and coffee. I poured the steaming coffee into a white cup, added some milk, and felt a bit more ready to face the day.

Hours passed, and it was now 6:35 pm. I stood behind my wooden door, reconsidering my options—not that I had many. I was ready for the meeting with Ghost and Price again, but something nagged at me, making me doubt. My hands shook as I bit my nails and tapped my foot, the nervous energy palpable. Oh for fuck sakes, stop being such a nervous bitch Y/n.

I pushed the door halfway open but hesitated. The consequences of this mission loomed over me—death being the worst. But I couldn't back out. I couldn't leave Ghost to handle this alone.

With newfound determination, I pushed down the door handle and stepped outside.

The walk to the base took about 20 minutes, and the weather was dreadful—grey clouds covered the sky, rain drizzled, and the cold was biting. I couldn't tell if I was shivering from the cold or fear, probably both.

Later-

I arrived at the base at 6:56 pm and saw Price outside, leaning against the wall with a thick cigar. But where was Ghost? Probably hiding in the shadows, or he's a pussy and backed out. Wouldn't surprise me.

"Where's Ghost? Don't tell me he's not coming," I asked as I approached Price.

Price exhaled a puff of smoke and pointed behind me with a smile. "Ghost never leaves anyone behind."

Confused, I turned around and found Simon Riley standing right there. I smiled stiffly and the awkward tension filled the air between us.

"We meet again, Y/n," Ghost said, his eyes locked on mine, his eyes blank as usual with a glimpse of tiredness. Well me too Ghost, me fucking too.

"Yes, we did, Ghost," I replied, smiling more naturally this time.

His presence made me feel safer, though I couldn't explain why. Ghost moved closer to Price, and after a brief mumble, they turned back to me.

"There will be a guy over here in about 5 minutes to take us to our private jet. Be prepared," Price informed me.

"Are you not cold, Y/n?" Ghost asked, his intense gaze meeting mine.

I had forgotten my gloves and, despite my thick winter jacket, I was freezing. "No, I'm fine, thank you," I lied.

"Don't lie to me. Your hands are cold as ice," Ghost said, taking my hands in his.

The warmth from his touch spread through me, and I realized maybe the stories about his cold-heartedness weren't entirely true.

"Thank you, Ghost," I said, surprised.

"Wear gloves next time, Y/n," he replied, releasing my hands and looking back at the street, just like Price.

A black truck pulled up, and the driver's window rolled down, revealing a familiar face—Peter.
"Get in, won't ya?" Peter said gestured and winked towards us.

"Are you ready? This won't be easy," Price said, jogging towards the car.

Well fuck me, there's no turning back now.
"Yes, sir! I am ready," I replied, mustering all the confidence I had.

Ghost patted my shoulder softly. "You're safe with me. Let's go," he whispered, making me feel more secure than ever.

Even though he was an asshole yesterday, I knew it was for a good reason. Something he's hiding in the shadows, and I won't interfere with that.

I climbed into the truck, and as we started to roll, I knew this would be a long night. But with Ghost by my side, I felt a newfound confidence that overshadowed my fear. Nothing could stop me now.

<3
————————————————————

Like and comment are always appreciated! ❤️‍🩹

❤️‍🩹

**Updated**