Part 9 : Extrication

The screech of tires left tread marks behind on the asphalt as either vehicle came to a halt in the road, for in the middle of the road stood Hibiya, the boy nearly having been hit by the van in the process.

Just the sight of him as he began to approach Kido, made tears well up in Momo's eyes, immediately moving out of the van despite protests as she moves in front of Hibiya's view.

"Hibiya! Stop! We can turn you back now!" The idol yelled as the tears began to flow down her flushed cheeks, arms spread outward as she stood her ground. The sight of her instead of Kido made the boy stop in his footsteps, feeling a hint of confusion as Momo spoke again.

"Remember Hiyori? H-How you cried a lot and I sung to you? How you said you wouldn't give up?! Please remember!" With a wavering voice, Momo began to sing Otsukimi Recital, but the chorus alone as Hibiya approached her.

Was she scared? Yes.
Was she going to give up? No way in hell.

Ceasing his walk toward her once he was mere inches away, Hibiya feels tears roll down his cheeks, heart starting and maintaining slow pulsations.

"O-Obaa...san?"

That alone made Momo fall silent, hugging the boy close as she possibly could, giggling happily only for a familiar voice to echo into his ears.

"Hey! Idiot! Get your butt in gear or I'll pound your disgusting face into the ground!"

He could recall that voice from anywhere, despite how it sounded strained, as his head turns to focus on the young female standing some feet away. Tears were in her eyes, her palms firmly clenched by her sides, as if she was frustrated at him like always.

"H-Hiyori...?

"Of course it's me! Who else could it possibly be?" She asked, sounding agitated, before Momo released Hibiya and let Hiyori rush over to hug him.

Which posed for Kido to ask, "Where had she been?"

That made Seto laugh faintly from the van's window view, "The back of the van asleep under some blankets." With a shrug, Kido watched the two teens silently only to be clung onto by a sniffling Momo mumbling 'danchou' in her ear. "There there..." the leader says in a hushed tone, patting her back.

Hiyori took her time inhaling Hibiya's scent, only to move back since it was rather putrid, "You need a bath..." Gazing into his dulled brown eyes, only to connect their lips in a gentle kiss, feeling his lips move against her own in return.

The color returned to his face gradually and that was when he became more aware, cheeks gaining a light pink hue till the kiss parted. "D-don't make me regret doing that." Hiyori said with a light stutter, her own cheeks flushed.

A few seconds later a gargling sound was heard to reveal a few bonies not to far off, making Hiyori drag Hibiya into the van, and Kido pulled Momo onto the back of the motorcycle.

"Let's go!!" The leader yelled as she revved up the bike and sped off, able to feel Momo's arms firmly wrapped around her waist as she shrieked. The van with the others soon to follow as they hit or ran over the bonies.

"Now we have to find Kano!!"

The idol yelled loud enough for Kido to hear, as the olivette gestured to the van to follow along, because all they needed to do left is find Kano and change him back as well.

Then they would start the world anew for the living and undead.